1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Want to know about SQL user permission

Hi ,

One on my SQL users wants to execute few sql system stored procedure and wanna execute Bulk insert on the database server .. SO what permission should be assigned to the users to that he can do his desigred above task.

Thanks
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

See thread : "User rights" posted by "buggirls" on October the 5th. if that satisfy yours expectations.

Once the user have been authetificated, it has the right to handle the database.

Best regards

ciao. Juanelo Von Seattle
  5. Banned ;)
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Woodland Hills, Los Angeles County, California, USA
    I posted a better explanation (IMHO of course) in the same thread: http://forums.devshed.com/t85952/s.html

The first para covers how to set up Bulk Insert rights. Well, it actually covers Database Creation rights, but Bulk Insert is one of the other items in the same screen, so you should have no trouble setting it up.

The second and third paras cover how to set up rights for selected stored procedures and tables.

Hope this helps
    Up the Irons
    What Would Jimi Do? Smash amps. Burn guitar. Take the groupies home.
    "Death Before Dishonour, my Friends!!" - Bruce D ickinson, Iron Maiden Aug 20, 2005 @ OzzFest
    Down with Sharon Osbourne

"I wouldn't hire a butcher to fix my car. I also wouldn't hire a marketing firm to build my website." - Nilpo

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo