1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Syntax Error - PervasiveSQL - SQL state 37000 in SQLExecDirect

First off, I know this isn't the right forum but it looks more "correct" than any others.

We have a proprietary billing system that uses PervasiveSQL to connect. I'm trying to use ODBC to connect an intranet site for us. It's been done in the past but on a machine with ColdFusion on it and I can't get ColdFusion to run on this XP box so I'm porting everything to PHP but don't know much about ODBC & PHP/SQL nor Pervasive's Flavor of SQL...

So, for what it's worth, here's my problem:

PHP Code:
            echo "Search Data: ".$searchdata." and Search Value: ".$searchvalue;

$conn dbConnect('query');
    //        $select = "SELECT cust_id, bill_to, add1, add2, city, state, zip, bill_phone_1, bill_fax FROM QCust WHERE ".$searchdata." LIKE ".$searchvalue;

$select "SELECT cust_id, bill_to, add1, add2, city, state, zip, bill_phone_1, bill_fax FROM QCust WHERE 'bill_to' LIKE 'PRINT'";
            if (!
    $result odbc_exec($conn$select)) {echo "There was a problem connecting to the database.";} 
    As it is the script seems to run. When I uncomment the third line and comment out the forth I'm using data from a form instead of the hard coded variables. I then get the following error on screen:

"Warning: odbc_exec() [function.odbc-exec]: SQL error: [Pervasive][ODBC Client Interface][LNA][Pervasive][ODBC Engine Interface]Syntax Error: SELECT cust_id, bill_to, add1, add2, city, state, zip, bill_phone_1, bill_fax FROM QCust WHERE cust_id LIKE aaaaa<< ??? >>a, SQL state 37000 in SQLExecDirect in C:\xampp\htdocs\BCT\intranet\cs\customers\index.php on line 50
    There was a problem connecting to the database."

The << ??? >> is always in the LIKE section directly in front of the last character I type in.

And, I get the "There was a problem connecting to the database." message. When I use the hard coded line I do not get that message.

I'm preg_replacing non-alphanumeric characters in the form data so there's nothing funny in the variables supplied to the SQL statement.

I googled SQL State 37000 but didn't come up with anything I thought was relevant.

I'm sure it's a simple problem due to my ignorance of what Pervasive is expecting but I'll be damned if I know what.

And we can't get any help from our Pervasive vendor 'cause we are three versions behind.

Any thoughts on what to try?

Thanks,

Mike
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

PHP Code:
    $select "SELECT cust_id, bill_to, add1, add2, city, state, zip, bill_phone_1, bill_fax FROM QCust WHERE '$searchdata' LIKE '$searchvalue'"
    Needed ' around the variables.

Don't know if that solves the problem but it gets rid of the error. Now to see if I can actually get data out of the database...

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo