1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Problem with Access Linked Table

Hi,

I have an Access 2000 table linking to a SQL Server table. When I open the table in Access, the column names are correct, but all the values = "#deleted". The data is find when I open it with my SQL client. I've tried refreshing the table with the Linked Table Manager with no success. I've also tried deleting the linked table and re-linking it.

When I 'import' the table from SQL into Access the data shows up fine.

Thanks for any help!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Is this MS-SQL or MySQL Server? I have run into this before using MySQL ODBC driver in Access. The best solution I would recommend is update your MDAC. It could also be a config issue with your driver. Are you using any "big int" columns ie 64 bit integers? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
  5. No Profile Picture

Sorry, you'll have to bare with me. I'm a scratch beginner with SQL Server dbs.

Yes, it is MS SQL Server. The primary key field of the table is the data type is "bigint". I noticed this problem with the linked table after I changed the data type from nvarchar to bigint.

Should this update to the MDAC be given to the server or the client PC, or both?

Thanks for your help!
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

It should be given to the client. I am not exactly sure what the issue is except I know Access has issues with 64 bit integers. Unless it is needed I would just recommend using an int not a bigint. The max value of a signed integer is over 2 billion.... that is a lot of rows! If you need the bigint I would just stick to a char field if you are using Access. If you search the Microsoft Knowledge Base you might be able to find more articles regarding this problem. http://dbforums.com/arch/66/2002/11/528816
  9. No Profile Picture

Cool! Changing from 'bigint' to 'int' fixed the problem. Thanks for your help!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo