1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Database Restore Issue

Hi Gurus,

We've a DR server which is using VM machine, running Windows 2008 R2 (Standard). Had configured MS SQL Server 2008 R2 and restored the recent backup of PRD database (.bak file) into the DR server, for instance: backup of 14 Oct 2012.

We're using the following restore options:
    - Most recent possible
    - Overwrite existing database (WITH REPLACE)
    - Leave database ready .... (RESTORE WITH RECOVERY)

After the DB restoration is completed successfully, we've checked the number of records and found they aren't tallied with our production records.

Is that true that we also need to restore the require transaction logs to fix this problem?

If yes, please advise on how to check what are the required transaction logs.

Appreciate for any of your help and advise.

Thanks.

- Peter
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I recently migrated many Access databases to SQL Server 2005 specific by victimization the SQL Server Migration Assistant (SSMA). Next I secured many databases and derived these backup files to a different laptop running SQL Server specific. to revive the files, I entered the subsequent command in SQL Server Management Studio specific (SSMSE).

RESTORE information My information FROM DISK = 'c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
    Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Backup\My Database.bak'

But I received the subsequent error message:

Msg 3102, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
    RESTORE cannot method information 'My Database' as a result of it's in use by this session. it's counseled that the master information be used once playacting this operation.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo