1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question convert text to sql

i eve a text file from telephone company and i eve been ask to convert that text file to sql database so it can be manipulated
    becouse my boss wants to control whiche numbers are the most dilled (in a month,week.ect),who`s using the phone most of the time so tht he can calcula the productivity of eche one.

plese tell me how can i convert thet text file to sql,geve alternatives if possible.
  3. Banned ;)
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Woodland Hills, Los Angeles County, California, USA
    You can use the Import Wizard from Enterprise Manager to import a text file. Alternatively, you can also use the bcp command line utility. Consult your Books Online for "Data Transformation Services" and "bcp" for more information on how to use them.
    Up the Irons
    What Would Jimi Do? Smash amps. Burn guitar. Take the groupies home.
    "Death Before Dishonour, my Friends!!" - Bruce D ickinson, Iron Maiden Aug 20, 2005 @ OzzFest
    Down with Sharon Osbourne

"I wouldn't hire a butcher to fix my car. I also wouldn't hire a marketing firm to build my website." - Nilpo
  5. No Profile Picture

thanks ifor the tip.
  7. No Profile Picture

If you have problems with the quality of the data you may want to have some more control over the process. If you load the text file into Excel first you can fix any anomalies before loading it all into the database.

In Excel you can use the SQL*XL addin to load data from Excel into the database. If you hit errors, SQL*XL will leave the error description next to the row to it is easy to spot and fix errors.

Have a look at SQL*XL at www.oraxcel.com

Any questions, just ask!

Gerrit-Jan Linker
    www.oraxcel.com (SQL*XL)

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo