1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Audio Device Problem

Hi! I am new here and I know that you might have solved this kind of problem but mine is kind of different.

I bought a new Laptop pc with windows xp home installed in it but I upgraded it to xp pro but now I have bought a new OS "Windows xp 64-bit edition" because my system is an AMD athlon 64 processor. So I repartitioned the whole hard drive but when I installed the new OS, the sound did not come out so I checked the component section of the System Information and discovered that there was no device or driver
    so I checked the sound in the control panel but still no device.

I tried installing drivers but as you may know, there ain't much softwares for 64-bit systems so much of what I download won't be able to be installed. I'm thinking of calling the company and lay some kind of complaint to them because before partitioning the hard drive, there was sound but now, there is nothing. Kindly assist. Thanks
  3. Just another guy
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

I don't think you'll get much sympathy, you should have seen if there were win64 drivers for your computer before installing win64. I would just reformat and go back to regular windows xp pro. It is much more supported, in that windows 64 is still a beta I believe. Your athlon64 will still give you a performance increase using 32bit programs.
    Last edited by karsh44; July 25th, 2004 at 03:22 PM.
    --Dave--

U2kgSG9jIExlZ2VyZSBTY2lzLCBOaW1pdW0gRXJ1ZGl0aW9uaXMgSGFiZXM=

My hobby: collecting US coins

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo