Page 5 of 10 First ... 34567 ... Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Modem drivers and modem removed, that did not solve anything.
    What really puzzles me is that everything works juast fine with xp, just vista cannot be persuaded to accept the drivers...
    Anway, time is running out, so I just stick with xp for the time being.
  3. Providing fuel for space ships
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

What drivers are you using ? Are you trying to use the XP drivers on Vista ?
    The No Ma'am commandments:

1.) It is O.K. to call hooters 'knockers' and sometimes snack trays
    2.) It is wrong to be French
    3.) It is O.K. to put all bad people in a giant meat grinder
    4.) Lawyers, see rule 3
    5.) It is O.K. to drive a gas guzzler if it helps you get babes
    6.) Everyone should car pool but me
    7.) Bring back the word 'stewardesses'
    8.) Synchronized swimming is not a sport
    9.) Mud wrestling is a sport
  5. No Profile Picture

I had the same problem.

no audio device in sound properties.

intel G965 Express chipset.

in device manager under audio legacy stuffs were listed and in system devices there was a unknown pci device with yellow exclam. point.

first installed kb835221

then to device manageer and right click and update the driver for unknown pci device selected the option " do not search I will..."

under audio drivers sigamatel was listed.

hope it helps someone.
  7. No Profile Picture

Audio device problem

Hi guys

I have the same kind of problem. I accidentally formatted the Recovery Console so I bought a fresh copy of Windows XP Media Center Edition which is what my PC originally came pre-installed with.

However, I cannot get audio, even from the computer manufacturer website (packard bell).

I tried downloaded the audio drivers from the PB website and still no sound.

I was advised to download the chipset and install that and have done so. It has not remedied the situation.

I have managed to download everything else ie display drivers without any problems.

I have been told the device drivers I require are ALC888 Realtek and have even downloaded this from the realtek site itself.

When I go to Device Manager, I see that the Microsoft UAA Bus Driver is there.

PC is: Imedia 2770

Motherboard: MSI

Sound: Onboard

I have been having this problem now for a couple of weeks and PB has their own forum and the people there are stumped and just keep recommending I download the ALC888 driver from different websites which is pointless.

Any help would be appreciated.
  9. No Profile Picture

Just to update everyone, I downloaded the audio drivers with the automatic live update thing on MSI's manufacturer website and still no sound.

Is it possible my speakers are blown? The power light is on and everything is connected but I've exhausted every attempt to get the audio working now.
  11. No Profile Picture

xp working, vista not

I have an Intel Board, (DG965WH) and they have a unified driver for all Windows OS. (Older drivers for Vista only do not work, either.
    And installing the XP Highdefinitionaudiohotfix thingy did not do anything for me.
  13. No Profile Picture

no sound ---device not found error while installing drivers

Hi
    I reinstalled windows xp and formatted my hard disk. After that there is no sound.
    In bios I have auto/disabled for audio driver and auto is selected.

I downloaded exact chipset drivers from intel website (845g/gl/ge/gv) but I get error no device found while installing.

I believe Windows is recognizing the on board audio device as a PCI device instead of a Sigmatel device .

1. The device manager does not list an audio device under sounds, audio devices.
    2. The volume control is greyed out.
    3. I get the same “Device Object not found” whenever I try to install drivers.
    3. I have the same 5 options listed under sounds, audio devices:
    Audio Codecs
    Legacy Audio Drivers
    Legacy Video Capture Devices
    Media Control Devices
    Video Codecs

I did steps mentioned in this forum about cmos removal…restart system etc.
    When I put cmos back and restart my system,I see “Cmos setting wrong” in first screen.

But I am clueless when I check in bios,still auto is selected for audio drivers.

I see “multimedia audio controllers” listed under other devices of device manager with ? in yellow color .I am not able to install driver neither by updating this nor by setup.exe.

Actually after winxp install I didn’t even find video controllers ,but I downloaded same in intel site and could install successfully.
    But audio drivers not happening
    I am very much frustrated …………..please help me out

Note:I have gone through all 5 pages and every thread here.Please suggest me some new things apart from what hav already said which I hav already tried.

thanks in advance
  15. No Profile Picture

Arrow to install a sound device

I just installed new Windows XP to my computer . And then there's no sound from my computer. I clicked the sound and audio devices in the control panel and it's said "No audio devices" All the volume controller is grey out and I can't adjust anythings.

From the device manager, in sound, video, and game controller, it is listed that:
    Audio codec
    Legacy audio drivers
    Legacy Video capture devices
    Media controll devices
    Video codecs

All all the devices work properly. I think my audio device driver is missing. But I don't know what is my devices to download driver. I tried downloading and installing the approve driver from the gateway website-Conexant_Audio_6.14.10.0565 (I have a gateway laptop MX6027) but to no avail. What can I do?

Please help my with this issue. Thank you in advance ^^[/QUOTE]
  17. No Profile Picture

[QUOTE=Prareploy]I just installed new Windows XP to my computer yesterday. And then there's no sound from my computer. I clicked the sound and audio devices in the control panel and it's said "No audio devices" All the volume controller is grey out and I can't adjust anythings.

From the device manager, in sound, video, and game controller, it is listed that:
    Audio codec
    Legacy audio drivers
    Media controll devices
    Video codecs

All all the devices work properly. I think my audio device driver is missing. But I don't know what is my devices to download driver. I tried downloading and installing the approve driver from the gateway website-Conexant_Audio_6.14.10.0565 (I have a gateway laptop MX6027) but to no avail. What can I do?

Please help my with this issue. Thank you in advance ^^[dents]
  19. No Profile Picture

[dents]I just installed new Windows XP to my computer yesterday. And then there's no sound from my computer. I clicked the sound and audio devices in the control panel and it's said "No audio devices" All the volume controller is grey out and I can't adjust anythings.

Audio codec
    Legacy audio drivers
    Media controll devices
    Video codecs

Please help my with this issue. Thank you in advance ^^[dents]
  21. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by dents
    I just installed new Windows XP to my computer . And then there's no sound from my computer. I clicked the sound and audio devices in the control panel and it's said "No audio devices" All the volume controller is grey out and I can't adjust anythings.

Audio codec
    Legacy audio drivers
    Media controll devices
    Video codecs

Please help my with this issue. Thank you in advance ^^
    [/QUOTE]
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Oh that's a pity. I thought you have settled the problem .
  25. No Profile Picture

Solution

Here is the solution to the DEVICE OBJECT NOT PRESENT error.

Once the installation has failed at least once, you need to review the install log. Open the file c:\windows\setupapi.log

In there you will find lines that begin #E, these indicate a failure. You will see where it cannot write some registry keys.

Once you open these keys in REGEDIT, and check the permissions, you will find that REGEDIT will inform you in inconsistencies in the permissions.

So, select the following keys and open the permissions on them and enable them for everyone.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaCategories
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaInterfaces

What I did was select each owner in the list and set them to full, click APPLY on each one.
    Then press ADVANCED at the bottom, and click REPLACE PERMISSION ENTRIES ON ALL CHILD.... and then APPLY.
    Then select OWNER tab, and change the owner to ADMINISTRATOR (or whatever).

Once this is all done, then reinstall.

It worked for me !

K.
  27. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by aitken325i
    What make/model of laptop is it ?

Field Value
    System Properties
    Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
    Product hp pavilion ze4900 (PR299UA#ABA)
    Version Rev 1
    Serial Number CNF448059M
    Universal Unique ID E00C322B-DA32D911-AA8300C0-9F65A177
    Wake-Up Type Power Switch

Field Value
    Motherboard Properties
    Motherboard ID MGM-ALL1.86C.1008.D.0411091104
    Motherboard Name Unknown

Front Side Bus Properties
    Bus Type Intel NetBurst
    Bus Width 64-bit
    Real Clock 100 MHz (QDR)
    Effective Clock 400 MHz
    Bandwidth 3200 MB/s

Memory Bus Properties
    Bus Type DDR SDRAM
    Bus Width 64-bit
    Real Clock 133 MHz (DDR)
    Effective Clock 267 MHz
    Bandwidth 2133 MB/s

Chipset Bus Properties
    Bus Type Intel Hub Interface
    Bus Width 8-bit
    Real Clock 67 MHz (QDR)
    Effective Clock 267 MHz
    Bandwidth 267 MB/s

can you help me figure out what audio device i need to download??
  29. No Profile Picture

You Beauty!!! I love you!!!

I've got a HP m7775 which came installed with Vista. Have dual booted it with XP Pro on another HDD and most things worked except the audio. You fixed it!

Other things I leaned in case it helps anyone trying similar on this machine:

Get the SATA drivers for the Intel chipset 82801G(ICH7 family) which go with the P5LP-LE motherboard that's on this machine. Available from Intel website. Also the ATI Radeon 1650SE drivers for the video output. And the Intel PRO/100 VE driver.

Hope my post helps someone in turn
Page 5 of 10 First ... 34567 ... Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo