1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I clicked the sound and audio devices in the control panel and it's said "No audio devices" All the volume controller is grey out and I can't adjust anythings.

All all the devices work properly. I think my audio device driver is missing. But I don't know what is my devices to download driver.

I have the problem to find out them and download the proper drivers.

this is copied from the first request i did that and in addition i hav tried searching up every driver on the audio drivers list and tried to see if there was a problem with them
  2. They're coming to take me away

Originally Posted by joshlp
    I clicked the sound and audio devices in the control panel and it's said "No audio devices" All the volume controller is grey out and I can't adjust anythings.

All all the devices work properly. I think my audio device driver is missing. But I don't know what is my devices to download driver.

I have the problem to find out them and download the proper drivers.

this is copied from the first request i did that and in addition i hav tried searching up every driver on the audio drivers list and tried to see if there was a problem with them
    Is this an onboard audio device or an actual audio card? If onboard, what model computer do you have?

Also, assuming you're running Windows XP, right-click on my computer go to properties. Select the hardware tab and click device manager. What devices are listed with a yellow exclamation mark?
  3. No Profile Picture

none are listed with yellow check marks. I have a onboard audio device. My computer is a mix of different parts so i dont think it has a model name. I will try to open up my computer soon to see what model my motherboard is thanks alot for the help
  4. No Profile Picture

I admit I am no computer expert, and would really appreciate some help here.
    My computer was rebooted and when I sorted everything out , I noticed I had no sound.

It said: "No device currently installed on computer" or along those lines. I went to audio and there is noting currently installed there whatsoever so I know it's not something trivial like volume or anything.

I do not have the XP disk, but was wondering if someone could help me, I know I'm a complete novice

My speakers are Logitech x-120 but i don't think they are the problem because they have a buzz when i touch the back of the PC with cable. I'm pretty sure it's a driver I need but i don't know which one and how to find out my motherboard info etc.. Could someone help?
    Thanks!
  5. No Profile Picture

Ya i got a problem with the audio divces they dont show up and need help plz help!!!! would appreciate it.
  6. No Profile Picture

No Audio Device

Hi,

I have problems on fixing my audio device...i accidentally deleted my audio device from my computer and i didn't know how to fix it. My laptop is an ACER TravelMate Notebook model 2410. I hope u can help me fix my audio device.

Fj29
  7. No Profile Picture

Question I've got one lingering message.

On all bootups I get this message:
    Intel Audio Studio Controller > Intel HD audio drivers must be loaded before this application will work.

I can ignore it, close it, or click ok, all with seemingly nothing happening as I still have my sounds.

I was without sounds until I installed the Intel Driver disc that came with my computer.

My sound problems began after 2 full scans using Combofix.
    It left me with sound but a "sonic focus" message on boots and end of Sygmatel program on all shutdowns.

Some fool told me to un-install my HDA package. This got rid of the Sonic and Sygmatel messages but I was left with no sounds.

My disc showed that all drivers were on my system except Intel Audio Studio. Using my disc I got my orginal HDA package back, leaving me with sounds but the bootup message Intel Audio Studio Controller > Intel HD audio drivers must be loaded before this application will work.

I do have KB888111 on my desktop.
    I've got Intel Audio Studio on my desktop but can not open it or run it.
    If I click open it says it needs the drivers.
    If I right click > run, it gives two choices, current user or the following user: The following user takes a password and using current user gets an error saying invalid picture.

So, I have my HDa package for my motherboard, I have all sounds, I have KB888111 and I have Intel Audio Studio but can not use it, due to this bootup message: Intel HD audio drivers must be loaded before this application will work.

So WHO is giving me sounds? Windows or Intel? Is the Intel Audio Studio a totally independent program from my sound devices?

how to get rid of the bootup message? (Intel HD audio drivers must be loaded before this application will work).
    Curious they use the word LOADED and not installed, download, setup, run, etc.

Thanks for any help. I've been working on my sound issues for 3 weeks on another forum with over 10,000 worldwide members and finally got it all fixed except the message above.
  8. No Profile Picture

Unhappy No sound devices...

Hi there Im new here.. But Im in dire need of assistance... as I have not had sound on my mini laptop for the last few days.. I am not very good with computers and so I have no idea what to do to fix it..

My laptop is a hp mini.. model number: 1001TU...

When I go into control panel and look at my sound.. It says no sound devices.. I think someone has deleted my sound device..

PLEZ HELP!!! I miss the sound...
  9. They're coming to take me away

Originally Posted by jackasschick
    Hi there Im new here.. But Im in dire need of assistance... as I have not had sound on my mini laptop for the last few days.. I am not very good with computers and so I have no idea what to do to fix it..

My laptop is a hp mini.. model number: 1001TU...

When I go into control panel and look at my sound.. It says no sound devices.. I think someone has deleted my sound device..

PLEZ HELP!!! I miss the sound...
    Welcome to Dev Shed.

As a rule of thumb, if you don't have a driver installed (or if you have a corrupt installation), first visit the manufacturers website.

The link I provided will let you choose which computer you have... from there, select drivers and downloads, then your operating system, and then your audio drivers.
  10. No Profile Picture

thanx

Originally Posted by hiker
    Welcome to Dev Shed.

As a rule of thumb, if you don't have a driver installed

The link I provided will let you choose which computer you have... from there, select drivers and downloads, then your operating system, and then your audio drivers.

To be honest I found that out for myself and fixed the problem but thanks for helping..If I ever need help I know where to come.. so thanks.. This is really useful this site...and am happy to be apart of it.. hehehehe
  11. No Profile Picture

no audiio device

Originally Posted by aitken325i
    Hi Prareploy, and welcome to DevShed.

Is this on-board sound on your machine ? Have you updated Windows via the Windows Update site ? If not, try that as MS also supply sound drivers through MS update and this will probably be the easiest way (they will probably be AC97 sound drivers).

If not, then try and find the make/model of your soundcard but if it is on-board sound then post the make/model of your motherboard and I'll try and find the drivers for you.
    My computer has no audio device. i think i deleted or somrthing and i try to download it but never found anything. plz help me . i have the window xp home edition
  12. No Profile Picture

no sound

Originally Posted by Prareploy
    I just installed new Windows XP to my computer yesterday. And then there's no sound from my computer. I clicked the sound and audio devices in the control panel and it's said "No audio devices" All the volume controller is grey out and I can't adjust anythings.

From the device manager, in sound, video, and game controller, it is listed that:
    Audio codec
    Legacy audio drivers
    Legacy Video capture devices
    Media controll devices
    Unimodem Half-duplex Audio device
    Video codecs

How can I know exactly what is my devices in my computer?? I have the problem to find out them and download the proper drivers.

I also have the problem with VGA driver (and I don't know what's VGA in my computer and I can't download its driver)

Please help my with this issue. Thank you in advance ^^
  13. No Profile Picture

No audio detected on DG965WH

Hi everyone. This is my first post. Thanks for making such a useful forum.

I have the same problem - after upgrading my processor from an e6300 to e6600 the motherboard stopped detecting its onboard audio.

First, here are the relevant configuration details.
    Intel DG965WH motherboard
    e6600 processor
    Windows XP SP3
    Speakers connected to motherboard optical out.
    Front panel audio (and the individual cables connected to it) are not connected to any headers.
    Installed latest BIOS as of yesterday from Intel's site.
    I have high definition audio package kb835221.

The device manager does not detect any audio devices. The volume control is grayed out etc.

Add and remove programs does not show any Intel High Definition or Sigmatel entries.

Running "add new hardware" wizard does not detect anything.

I ran the intel driver update tool but it didnt identify my mobo as intel.

I have read all 9 pages of this thread, as well as other forums plus Intel's and Microsoft's sites. Here are the things I have tried.

Downloaded file from intel AUD_allOS_D20001.0x_PV_IDTGUI_v105_Legacy.exe
    but it said my device is not supported.

an AUD_allOS_5790.3x_5713.7v_PV_IDTGUI_v83.exe and it says it is updating audio hardware settings but fails again with does not have device object.

Tried unplugging and holding power off trick.

if i install the "setup.exe" in C:\Program Files\Intel Desktop Board\Audio\DISK1.
    It launches the sigmatel installer but fails, saying it doesnt have the device object.

Tried disabling intel quick resume.

Thanks very much for any advice.
  14. No Profile Picture

Hi All,

Continued to deal with my problem, dealt with registry, downloaded drivers from MS, Intel, Simutel, all failed. Eventually bought a sound card. Problem solved.

If any was planning on replying, you don't need to anymore.
  15. No Profile Picture

No sound device

Hi everybody...
    I am glad to see that i am not the only one to have this sound device problem...
    There is alot of answer but is not working in my case
    I have the no sound device warning when i try to open a music file, and also all fields are greyed in the sound and audio device, and there is no audio device recognized in my device manager, which means i can not even have the model of my audio device.
    Btw, my motherboard is linked to a mixer and amplifier, because it is an installation for a karaoke system. Is it possible that the mixer then is the audio device?

Someone help please!!!!!

Thanks in advance

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo