1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

CD/DVD drive acting strangely

A couple of days ago my cd/dvd drive started not recognizing cds and dvds. I thought at first it just wasn't recognizing that a disc was in the drive, but no, the computer thinks that the cd is a blank disc when its not - in My Computer it gives me the option to "write these files to CD" when I've put in a music cd. Rebooting the computer doesn't seem to help, but it randomly starts working again, then reverts back to the problem. Please help!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by wildmagefantasy
    A couple of days ago my cd/dvd drive started not recognizing cds and dvds. I thought at first it just wasn't recognizing that a disc was in the drive, but no, the computer thinks that the cd is a blank disc when its not - in My Computer it gives me the option to "write these files to CD" when I've put in a music cd. Rebooting the computer doesn't seem to help, but it randomly starts working again, then reverts back to the problem. Please help!

I had this problem and it was a result of the IDE Cable not being securley plugged in. If the cable appears to be secure plugged in try the following:-

1). Check the pins on your CD/DVD Drive
    2). Check the integrity of the cable (for the price of cables these days, you might as well buy a new one).

Hope this helps

Regards

Mean Machine.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo