1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Graphics card compatibility

I'm new to the whole building and upgrading pcs thing but i'm planning on getting a new graphics card for my pc: XFX Geforce FX5200 128MB DDR AGP8x TV-Out Low Profile from here but the thing is i'm not sure if it will be compatible with my pc. My pc currently has a 64mb NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 400 fitted and has an Evergreen 2 MS-6339 Rev. 2 ATX Form Factor Motherboard (specs can be found here). Will i be able to easilly take out my current card and put in that new one and install the drivers and have it working with no problems or will it not be compatible?

Thanks
    Last edited by Psyax; May 8th, 2004 at 06:49 AM.
  3. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Psyax
    Will i be able to easilly take out my current card and put in that new one and install the drivers and have it working with no problems or will it not be compatible?
    Yes, it should work just fine, but you should remove your current video drivers prior to removing the old card from the machine.
  5. No Profile Picture

ok, thanks alot
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Doesn't Nvidia let you use the same drivers for all their vid cards? I'm thinking that you'll use your old drivers for the new card. Now that should be no problems.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo