1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

HDMI or VGA for better quality

I am a movie freak, recently i bought a dell 26' LED monitor(model : 2420l) for a HD quality video's and creative 5.1 speakers. I have a motherboard(not sure of the model number) which the guy from the shop told me that its by default supports 5.1(soud), sound seems to be pretty ok. But regarding the picture quality, since I am using the VGA cable, picture quality is not upto the mark. The guy from the shop told me that I should be using a graphics card with HDMI connector(for 1080p quality).
    Please advice me, if I use a graphics card with HDMI connector,, will I be able to get a good picture quality?

Thanks.
    Rakesh
  3. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

VGA supports much higher than 1080p quality, as does DVI. What doesn't look right about it? Color saturation, clarity, sharpness? Monitors are not TVs, remember.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

HDMI for better quality

Originally Posted by rakesh_39
    I am a movie freak, recently i bought a dell 26' LED monitor(model : 2420l) for a HD quality video's and creative 5.1 speakers. I have a motherboard(not sure of the model number) which the guy from the shop told me that its by default supports 5.1(soud), sound seems to be pretty ok. But regarding the picture quality, since I am using the VGA cable, picture quality is not upto the mark. The guy from the shop told me that I should be using a graphics card with HDMI connector(for 1080p quality).
    Please advice me, if I use a graphics card with HDMI connector,, will I be able to get a good picture quality?

Thanks.
    Rakesh
    Yes you can definitely get better quality from this.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

There is DIV for monitors and then HDMI for tvs. If you do have or get a graphics card and then use HDMI wire for video output then you may see a much diffrence in the quality in picture what no.
  9. No Profile Picture

DVI is better

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo