1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Home Theater loud on DVD but not on TV

Hi all. I have a small issue with my home theater system. When I put in a DVD inside my home theater system, it plays loud, really loud. The connection is made on the TV with HDMI cable, but the sound stays 'inside' the home theater system.

When I go on the standard TV, I have to put TV on maximum, and sometimes I can't ear it enough, it seems to not work that much. I assume the sound comes in my cable box and then goes to my home theater system and plays. My connection is with Component.

What is wrong with my setup and how I should connect it to get good sound while onTV? The sound is 3-4 times louder while on DVD.

Thanks a lot.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

just a note, the video connection is component from cable box to tv and audio is rca from cable box to home theater.

thanks
  5. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Check your cable box for an "output volume" setting in the configuration. Both FiOS and Comcast cable boxes have a separate volume control in their software.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo