1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I have no idea what video card to get!

Hello,
    I want to upgrade my video card and I have 200 bucks. I was wondering If you guys could recommend one. I like to play games like; call of duty, crysis, and now grand theft auto 4. I really have no idea what to buy!
    Please help, time is in issueÖI live in Chile and my brother will be coming here from Canada on the 16th, so thatís 10 days. Video card are so much cheaper there, and I really donít have the money right now, but itís now or never. jajajaja
    Thanks,
    Fernando

ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP ATX AMD
    Vista 64 ultimate
    Amd dualcore processor 2.4 ghz
    4 gigabyte of Ram
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by fernandosaez
    Hello,
    I want to upgrade my video card and I have 200 bucks. I was wondering If you guys could recommend one. I like to play games like; call of duty, crysis, and now grand theft auto 4. I really have no idea what to buy!
    Please help, time is in issueÖI live in Chile and my brother will be coming here from Canada on the 16th, so thatís 10 days. Video card are so much cheaper there, and I really donít have the money right now, but itís now or never. jajajaja
    Thanks,
    Fernando

ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP ATX AMD
    Vista 64 ultimate
    Amd dualcore processor 2.4 ghz
    4 gigabyte of Ram

NVIDIA inno 3D
    my baby dragon

5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

GeForce GTX 260 $230.00 ($200.00 after Mail-In Rebate)
    This is the one I would get if I were you. Best performance of the three cards I'm listing. Especially with the games you listed. This is the new 55nm 216 SP verison.

Or if you don't like Nvidia, these are good too.

Radeon HD 4870 512MB $185.00 ($165 after Mail-In Rebate)

or

Radeon HD 4870 1GB $235.00 ($210.00 after Mail-In Rebate)

If you have a 24" Monitor or up, go with the 1GB for sure. Not sure if 22" would benefit from it.

Edit: Oops, didn't realize it was an older post. If you are still looking, or if anyone else is looking at this time, here you go.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

EVGA GTS 250 is a good choice

i would recommend this one EVGA GTS 250 $110.00,so worthy it is ,my game partner tell me that this brand is very good,and play wow is very cool ,you can do some research on them.
  9. Contributing User

Diamond HD 4870 is the same card I have, and I really like it! I wish I'd paid the extra money for the 4890, though Just that much more Oomph for the $$

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo