1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Linking Sound Cards?

I have 2 sound cards a PCI Sound Blaster 16 PCI, and my built in nVidia nForce Audio...

now what i'm trying to do is get 2 sets of speakers working off of 2 different sound cards at the same time.

For example: I'm playing Unreal Tournament 2004, i want to have both sets of speakers blasting the audio..

Is this possible?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

im assuming you have 2 sets of stereo speakers (i.e 4 speakers that you want to plug in) rather than a load of surround sound speakers.

just use which ever sound card is better, go your local electronics shop and buy yourself a plug that has a single jack input to 2 jack outputs, that way you can plug 2 sets of stero speakers into one soundcard.

this wont give you surronud sound if that is what you planned, you will need a proper setup for that (i.e a sub and 5 satellite speakers, my nForce audio supports surround sound, yours probably does to - take a look at some of creatives speakers, they are well priced and work well). Plugging 4 speakers in will just give you output on four speakers - unless you need to position the speakers some distance from each oter you could just turn the voulme up, it would give the same effect.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo