1. They're coming to take me away

Looking to replace Sound Card

So, my sound card seems to have completely failed. Computer now constantly locks up (within the first 5 minutes of the computer being on), and I haven't been able to get any sound to play, so now I'm in the market for a new sound card. I was looking at the two sound cards in this link, but if anyone has other suggestions, I'd gladly listen.

In the above cards, my main question is what the difference between X-Fi Titanium and X-Fi Fatal1ty Titanium, and would the above cards be good (as the reviews mention being from an older generation). I like good sound, play games, watch movies and videos, etc. Oh.. and I'm not really too concerned about the money, of course once I get the suggestions and comments, I'll then weigh out what the best value is for what I'm paying... but any comments/suggestions are appreciated.

(Running Win 7 64-bit / 8GB RAM)

Thanks.
    "I don't need to get a life. I'm a gamer. I have lots of lives!"
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Before you buy a new sound card, does removing your old one fix the lock up problem?
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  5. They're coming to take me away

Originally Posted by E-Oreo
    Before you buy a new sound card, does removing your old one fix the lock up problem?
    That was something I was going to try tonight. Hadn't had a chance to do that yet. But going to replace sound and video cards soon regardless which is why I went ahead and posted before removing... since they are old.... I'll let you know whether sound card removal helps orbit.
  7. They're coming to take me away

So I pulled the sound card out, and the computer hasn't frozen. I even did some tests to verify that the problem didn't repeat itself. When I would view a video, and tried skipping around (with the sound card plugged in), it would lag a few seconds, and then lock up and freeze to where I hard to push the power button to turn the computer off. (This happened before the computer got to the point where I would turn it on, and it would just lock up...).

With the sound card out, the computer doesn't automatically lock up, and I can skip around just fine in videos (no lag or anything).
  9. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Which sound card are you using in your system is this external or internal because if this is a good quality of sound card then you can exchange this with another totherwise not and you cannot exchange and sale from the market becaue your old sound card have no value in the market...

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo