1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Multimedia Hardware - headphones, anybody??

I happen to be very active on certain forums, and I happened to notice one post by some member I simply cannot remember (haha, that rhymes, sorry) -

"Skype is a pig to setup and configure ... but I use Sennhaiser earphones and the quality is excellent."

Okay, first off, I don't agree Skype is THAT hard to install and configure. On the topic, nevertheless, I asked my techie friend about "Sennhaiser" earphones and he said they are really pricey.

So, anyway, this is my question - can anyone here recommend me a good earphone/headset that offers pretty optimum quality without having to pay a bomb for it?

Thanks, your help is appreciated.
  3. Type Cast Exception
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Something like the Sony DR 260USB. Sennheiser has a wide range of products in all price ranges. Your friend probably noted that they manufacture professional $2000 vocal microphones and probably just assumed that everything they make is pricey. It's not.
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by medialint
    Something like the Sony DR 260USB. Sennheiser has a wide range of products in all price ranges. Your friend probably noted that they manufacture professional $2000 vocal microphones and probably just assumed that everything they make is pricey. It's not.
    True, that may be so...but the only stuff available in the country where I live from Sennheiser (no offense, but I couldn't give a crap about how the goddamn thing is spelled) are these headphones that cost a bomb. We, where I live, don't get the luxury of choosing products in different price ranges; we just get one choice - take it or leave it.

7. Type Cast Exception
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I guess online shopping isn't an option wherever you are then? If it were, then you could search for products, which would be more productive if you spelled the name of the manufacturer correctly but I wasn't chastising you just pointing out the correct spelling. Musicians Friend is literally giving away Sennheiser headphones (not headsets) for free with large orders ...
    Last edited by medialint; October 23rd, 2008 at 05:32 PM.
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo