1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

NVidia 3D Vision Glasses?

It's basically black, sports sunglasses with special LCD lenses that allow you to see, on certain, specially-made screens, in 3D.

Acer and Asustek are first up with "3D Vision Ready", high-profile notebooks in Q4 of 2009.

Next up are TVs, with Sony, Hyundai, Samsung, Panasonic, Philips, and LG with their new LCD TVs that were shown at IFA in early 2009. Sony will release a 3D Vision Ready LCD TV in Q1 of 2010.

And along with all of that, there will be numerous games that will be released on PS3's and other game consoles in Blu-Ray disks.

But... what's the point of all this?

I mean, it's good moving forward on home technology but who's going to watch a 3D movie on a laptop?

I'd rather watch an awesome movie on an awesome HD channel on a huge LCD TV without 3D. The movie would be way more intense compared to watching it on a 17" laptop with 3D vision enabled.

I see the point of having 3D Vision on LCD TVs though, because then you can watch 3D movies at home. But then again, it doesn't look like the movie industry is planning any 3D movies you can watch at home anytime soon(other than that movie... "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs")

Games, I also see the point. It'd bring out some realism, but it's going to take a while until there are enough titles on the market to be able to fully say that having 3D Vision Ready displays are worth the money.

And the displays are probably going to be expensive too.

What do you guys think about this?
  3. No Profile Picture

Smile

I actually don't know but I have read on a site NVidia 3D Vision that is a combination of Graphics Processor Units (GPU), specialized 3D glasses, software, and certified displays and projectors that deliver an immersive 3D experience on your PC or workstation.
  5. No Profile Picture

All 3d video technologies are imperfect. I think it's too early to use it
  7. No Profile Picture

Every where There's Wifi and an outlet for my Tablet!
    NVidia cannot compete.. we've had a few customers (refer) to these before purchasing but ouro FutureLens Martian Goggles are the way to go ... 98's! 3D! and the connect to ALL Apple and Android Devices!

Just google " Future-Lens Goggles"

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo