Thread: Speaker Problem

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Speaker Problem

So I got this Toshiba A505-S6030 about a month and a half ago, and it came with Harman/Kardon "premium sound" speakers. Problem is they haven't been working right lately. The right speaker stopped having sound and only the left speaker worked, and I tried updating the Realtek High Definition Audio driver. This seemed to fix the problem, but a couple days later the right speaker started working and the left one died. Occasionally both of them will have sound but the left one goes out quickly. I was hoping I didn't have that bad of luck to have quality speakers die in only a month (especially since I never even put my volume over 50%), but I tried using headphones and there were no issues with sound...any advice? Thanks for your time.
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Do you have guarantee? If you have guarantee, you can ask them to repair your speaker.

Hope this help
  5. Type Cast Exception
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Unplug everything and plug everything back in. Sounds like a loose wire to me. If you have a big pile of spaghetti behind your computer clean that up with some cable ties too.
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo