1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Need TV/multi screen display

I have a redeon 9200nf card (quite old I know) and am buying a LCD display (17") with a dvi and the VGA interface options. It has speakers.

What's the most economic move to having a tv input as well and possibility of split screen? Will I need to scrap my existing card? Even prepared to go for an older generation of videao/graphics card as I do not want to pay for the latest.

Thanks.
  3. No Profile Picture

Hey old&nojob, if you want to have your tv connected to your computer also, you can consult to this instruction.
    And if you want to get a good 17" monitor with dvi and the VGA interface you can have a look at the Acer AL1717 Fbd, it got nice reviews, and the price is qutie good now only $163.
  5. Contributing User

OK, I've bought a SAMSUNG monitor with DVI & VGA interfaces. If I want a display with the browser on it (or whatever) AND an inset with my video call on it to my famly the other end (i.e. an internet call with sound + vid) how do I achieve this? Do I need another graphics board + new software? I would like to throw a TV connection in, how do I do that? Thanks.
  7. Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

It sounds to me like you're looking for a TV tuner card - I don't have any experience with them myself, and I'm also more of an nVidia man, but the purpose of a TV tuner card is to take cable signal and display it/record it in various ways, depending on the card's drivers as well as your video card and its drivers.

These are the types of cards you may want to look at.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo