Thread: good video card

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Talking good video card

Hey Im running pentium 4 2.0 ghz 80 gb harddrive and 512 mb's of ram i was wandering what would be the best video card for my system to run games and ultra and high graphics like far cry and battlefield vietnam and other games of that sort if u have any suggestions please leave them thanks
  3. Just another guy
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Originally Posted by xllx_blaze_xllx
    Hey Im running pentium 4 2.0 ghz 80 gb harddrive and 512 mb's of ram i was wandering what would be the best video card for my system to run games and ultra and high graphics like far cry and battlefield vietnam and other games of that sort if u have any suggestions please leave them thanks
    Basically, get the best you can afford. radeon 9800xt is tops, followed closely by nvidia 5950 ultra. The 9700pro is good on a budget, or you can get 9800pro on newegg.com now for not much over $200
    http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/20031229/index.html reviews a ton of cards. Be sure you get Directx 9 supporting card, for those new games.
    Also, upping your ram to 1 gig would help.
    --Dave--

U2kgSG9jIExlZ2VyZSBTY2lzLCBOaW1pdW0gRXJ1ZGl0aW9uaXMgSGFiZXM=

My hobby: collecting US coins
  5. No Profile Picture

Hey thanks man so u think that would run good on my system ? and that i should upgrade my ram to 1 gig will i have to change anything else u know beings getting a new video card ?
  7. Just another guy
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Originally Posted by xllx_blaze_xllx
    Hey thanks man so u think that would run good on my system ? and that i should upgrade my ram to 1 gig will i have to change anything else u know beings getting a new video card ?
    Upping ram and video card will give you the biggest, easiest performance enhancements. A faster cpu will also upgrade, and a faster hdd could be nice as well, but at that point you're pretty much building a new computer.
    So if you're just looking for $300-$400 worth of upgrades, do the video and ram. You shouldn't need any other changes, unless you have a weak power supply, which might not be able to handle a newer graphics card. If you are below 350w, you'll want to upgrade.
    Note also that you want to be sure to get ram of the same or higher speed than your fsb for best performance. Check compatibility with your mobo if possible.
    --Dave--

U2kgSG9jIExlZ2VyZSBTY2lzLCBOaW1pdW0gRXJ1ZGl0aW9uaXMgSGFiZXM=

My hobby: collecting US coins
  9. No Profile Picture

thanks for the help man i think ill go with the 9800 xt and the kingston hyper x 2*512 to 1024 ram

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo