1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Angry radeon 9600XT resolution problem

I have just bought a new radeon 256mb 9600XT video card and i can set my monitor's resolution to 1024 x 768 and have 32bit of colour and my comp works fine and so does the games i play. the only thing is that every time i restart my comp it starts up with 640 x 480 and it says i have two monitors in the display properties and i only have one. In my device manager it says i have a radeon adapter and a secondary radeon adapter. i have tryed uninstalling the secondary radeon adaptor but it just puts it back every time i shut down and start up my comp.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?????
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

the reason it says you have 2 monitors, or 2 adapters anyway is because if you look at the back of your graphics card there are 2 plugs for monitors, so that if you did want to run 2 monitors then you could. this had me confused for a while but you can just ignore the secondary monitor unless you do plug one in.

As for your resolution changing back i probably cant help you there. Are you using an LCD monitor? if you are they generally have a native resolution that they like to run at, so it could possibly be trying to change back to that, but probably unlikely.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo