1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Radeon 9700 pro refresh rate bid problems!

Ok, I have a p4 2,8 ghz with an Asus P4P800 deluxe, 512 ram, sound blaster live, Radeon 9700 pro and my monitor is a Viewsonic G90-F and my case is an Antec 1080

It all started when I bought my pc on last july 2003. I noticed that, even with the latest ATI drivers, my screen was always shaking (in the lower right) when the refresh rate was at 85Hz. So I decided to put it at 60 hz and the problem was gone exept in some games.

Let me explain.

Even at 60Hz, some games (like civilization 3, or battlefield 1942 at 60 HZ+ and even warcraft 3!!) are always flickering and its getting VERY annoying, especially when u paid 2K for a good pc.

So what may be the cause of all this? Is this a problem with, for example, open Gl?? Is it because my card is defective? I already tried to plug my monitor alone the be sure it had enough power but it didnt changed anything.

So, when the refresh rate is at 60Hz, the screen is ok in windows and, when I put it in 85Hz, its getting annnnnnnoying.

Thanks in advance!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

im assuming the viewsonic G90-F is a CRT monitor, otherwise you can probably ignore this. - Do you have something next to your monitor that may be creating a magnetic field, such as a speaker, some cable or a cell phone. if so move that away from your monitor.

if you can get hold of another monitor try that and see if you have the same problem

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo