April 12th, 2004, 07:21 PM
No Audio Device Found
I have plugged in speakers to my computer and it no sound comes out. The speakers work on other computers and I have tried other speakers too.
WHen i went to control panel then audio/sound device options it says there is no audio device found.
April 12th, 2004, 09:18 PM
Need to install your audio drivers.
April 14th, 2004, 03:25 PM
I tried, doesn't work. Maybe i did it wrong?
April 14th, 2004, 04:59 PM
Could be. What do you have a sound card or integrated sound? What motherboard? Is this a new computer? Have you installed the chipset software that should have come on a cd with the board, and the drivers off that same cd? Are you overclocking?
April 14th, 2004, 05:45 PM
thats a little too complicated. explain for idiots please.
April 14th, 2004, 10:50 PM
1. Do you have a soundcard? A separate card that plugs into your motherboard that has the audio outs. Or do you have onboard audio: the plugs are part of the motherboard
2. What brand is your motherboard, and what chipset? Or at least who made your computer? (you, or dell etc)
3. Is it new (sound never worked), or did something happen and you lost the sound? If so, what?
4. If you built it (and maybe even if you didn't) there should be a cd with drivers and software, including "chipset software" and drivers including audio. Be sure to install those.
5. What operating system, and do you ahve all the latest updates and patches.
6. Are you overclocking? I assume no, but if you changed the speed in bios, that can mess things up.
April 16th, 2004, 10:46 AM
2. Hewlett packard
3. sound used to work
4. i dont have the drivers for that
5. XP Pro, and yes i have them all.
6. no i am not