1. Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Exclamation Best video card?

Hey guys, I have around $130 (NOT exactly, I can give or take a little) to spend on a good video card for gaming. Nothing too serious, I can stand 800x600 with medium graphics lol. I want something reliable, that will last for a while.

The only two brands I will accept are ATI or Nvidia

Can someone recommend to me a great video card with details as to why I should buy it?

Here are some system specs:

A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard
    AMD Anthlon XP 2700+
    1.5GB PC2700 DDR SDRAM
    75Hz 17" LCD Optiquest Monitor

Thanks guys. Also, I can predict that a lot of people have asked this before, but as you can see I have gotten specific with my video card requirements. Also, I plan to buy the video card that is suggested most in this thread, so if there's 20 posts and each post is talking about a DIFFERENT video card, how am I supposed to pick? Try to be specific guys, I want a lot of opinions. Type paragraphs if you have to.

I really appreciate it, thanks!
  3. Just another guy
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

http://www20.tomshardware.com/graphi...229/index.html is a very comprehensive list of video cards, with benchmarks. Look at about the Radeon 9600 pro level, and see what they cost on newegg. Get the card that is fastest on the most benchmarks that fits your budget.
    If you want to be able to play new games, I'd recommend going a bit higher scale, however. Something like a Radeon 9600xt, 9700pro, or 9800pro, so that you have good dx9 support. In your price, ati's tend to be a bit better than nvidia (i think), so those are what I would look at.
    --Dave--

U2kgSG9jIExlZ2VyZSBTY2lzLCBOaW1pdW0gRXJ1ZGl0aW9uaXMgSGFiZXM=

My hobby: collecting US coins
  5. ID10T
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

In getting a radeon 9600 pro next week for about 130. Good value for money.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

yeah i amenglish, but i got a radeon 9200 for about 50 and it works great in a pc of the same spec.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo