1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

video capture software

whatis the best video capture software.i use ffirewire on a 1.3ghz system with 512mb ram and 80gb hard drives. i used pinnacle studuio 9 but was not happy with the results. any ideas
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

i do a goob bit of video editing and producing for fun

try adobe premiere pro its great software and it has built in dvd authoring
  5. No Profile Picture

I use Pinnacle's Studio 8.0

I've been with them since the beginning and boy has it changed.

It finally works and is quite a program for a poor man.

I may upgrade to Studio 9.0 so that I can do 16:9 video editing.

At any rate, it is very powerful and you can be very creative.

DVD leadins (like the ones you hate to watch), Full motion backgrounds and buttons in the menus, two sound tracks that you can import or create sound with their tools. Great editing capabilities and the wipes that come with it aren't bad. There is a full range of professional plug-ins available for special effects.

Now that the DVD R/W hardware has matured to a stable design, the DVD authoring software competition is heating up quickly.

The only thing I would like to see improved with Studio is the rendering speed. A full hour of high quality video takes up the 4.7Gb disk and takes about 8 hours to render. It is faster using a DV cam instead of analog, however, because you have the option of capturing a low-grade copy of your video, create all of your edits and then Studio will pull high-quality video off the DV cam when it renders. That saves at least an hour or more.

You can also crete videos like SVCD, dump to DV cam, dump to VHS, export to the WEB. Lots of choices.

Have fun!!
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by nsx
    i do a goob bit of video editing and producing for fun

try adobe premiere pro its great software and it has built in dvd authoring
    I read "Please be aware that Premiere Pro will record a DVD, however it will NOT create a chapter selection menu. It will create chapter markers within the DVD program that can be skipped to with the chapter skip button on the DVD player (or player remote of course). For chapter selection menu creation the companion Adobe application Encore DVD (included in the Adobe Video Collection) is required."

Is this an inconvenience?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo