1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Audio problem System Freeze

Hi all i have a problem with my audio

the problem is that when i play cd's mp3's etc after around 2 minutes the whole system freezes this just started happening yesterday have not installed anything since then

the motherboard is fujitsu siemens with intel 810 chipset with onboard audio (ac 97) but i have this disabled instead i use my pci - C-Media sound card

it also doesnt matter what media players i use ive tested with jetaudio winamp win media player they all do the same after between 2 and 3 minutes

i have a intel celeron 466mhz processor and 64mb sdram 1 4.3 gb hard drive (c) and a 2gb hard drive (d) which all my mp3 files are on

ive tried re installing windows 98 onto another drive but still the same problems also reinstalled the drivers associated with the audio devices

here is a list of audio devices in my device manager

C-Media PCI audio legasy device
    CMI8738/C3DX PCI Audio Device
    DOS Mode MPU-401 Emulator
    GamePort Joystick
    GamePort Joystick
    MPU-401 Compatible
    Soundmax integrated Digital Audio
    Wave Device For Voice Modem

I really dont know what has caused this problem as nothings been changed since it was all fine a couple of days ago

have just tried windows media player it wont play anything at all now but the others jetaudio plays for around 2 minutes then system crashes and sticks to repeating the same part of audio
    any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
  3. Just another guy
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Does the computer crash when you do anything else, or just when you play music?
    If its just music, you could try uninstalling and reinstalling your media players. The easiest thing is probably a reformat, though it would probably take the most time.
    --Dave--

U2kgSG9jIExlZ2VyZSBTY2lzLCBOaW1pdW0gRXJ1ZGl0aW9uaXMgSGFiZXM=

My hobby: collecting US coins
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Resolved

Hi thank you for replying

EDIT

i re installed windows media player and got rid of the other media payers and also had a look in msconfig and the memory limmited tab was ticked to limmit memory to 64 mb i unticked this and now every thing is fine

Thanks for your help

------------------------------------------------------
    it only does it when i play music on all 3 media players i usually use

i have windows on another drive which i installed a few days ago it does the same on that too i will try uninstalling one of the media players tho and see what happens
    Last edited by JohnH241; July 15th, 2004 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Problem Resolved

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo