1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question I need a decent inexpensive pc microphone

Hi, I been wanting to buy a microphone for my pc, mainly for adding some voices to some of my flash animations. Nothing really fancy, just something that can pick up a voice clearly. Can anyone point me in the direction of a particular brand or even a specific product. Any suggestions?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I've been searching for one for a while now. Something you need to ask for is that it actually makes your voice sound like it really does.

I'll hang around on this thread, waiting too.
  5. No Profile Picture

Labtec combined headset

Hi there, Im no expert in this field, but have just bought a really cheap (12.99) combined headset and microphone from the Argos catalogue! I use it mostly for msn conversations and for Team Speak on on-line games. It caters for these absolutely fine, not sure on the quality for flash applications, but for 12.99 you cant go wrong...

Cheers
    Tone
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

What I find is alot of headsets falling into the range of $10 to $25 like the one you have jackojackson, and then there are the ones that cost $40 and upwards. I wonder if I would be safe just buying any $20 headset.
    Another big concern of mine is if the mic picks up alot of background noise.
  9. No Profile Picture

Exclamation dude guess what

if youre not gonna be using a mic a whole lot u can plug in a pair of headphones to the mic jack! it works, really!

*ps..

turn down your recording sensitivity to reduce background noise.

oh and headphones can actually be clearer than mics - they churn out a lot more electricity than a mic.. that means less amplification & clearer signal!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo