1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

a better graphics card up to $170

i recently got ripped off buying a radeon 9200 for a hundred bucks at the local best buy when i could coulda got a 9600SE for 30 thirty bucks more...but now im prolly gonna order online somewhere was wondering what would be good in the ati market for that price range, thanks

update: would this be a good deal for $140?
    Chipset/Core Speed: ATI RADEON 9600XT/500MHz
    Memory/Effective Speed: 128MB DDR/650MHz
    and is it worth going from 128-bit to 256-bit? this all assuming i get my new mobo
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

dude never get an se card. they are like crappy umm....i cant think of the word. but never get an se card. my dad got one to play some stuff like battlefield vietnam cause he runs an older system and he screwed himself over so bad. i would also save up and get this cardhere

my friend uses this card with farcry without even overclocking. when i get the money im buying. read the reviews. they are all good. so i hope i helped you
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

thanks for the tip. actually i didnt even know that card was available for $200 what sites do most people look at when dealing with graphic, cpu, mobo, and case prices? i hear newegg come up a lot but they can't have all the lowest prices?
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

hey man i mostly use frozen cpu , compgeeks ,
    cyberguys , and/or zip zoom fly
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

also if you need any help with choosing products or finding anything it wouldnt bother me to help. i have nothing else to do. so if you need help you can email me
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

actually that's exactly what i needed help doing i pretty much know what i want as far as the essential hardware is concerned but i am building my first pc and need to find things like the case and psu online somwhere.
  13. Just another guy
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Post any questions you have about what to buy in here, lots of helpful people
    I agree strongly about getting the 9800pro. I have that card, it kicks a$$ for only $200. Best of the high-mid range cards.
    Newegg doesn't always have the lowest prices, but its usually pretty darn close if not the cheapest. Great service too, I've bought 2 whole systems (piecewise) from them. That is always the first place I look.
    --Dave--

U2kgSG9jIExlZ2VyZSBTY2lzLCBOaW1pdW0gRXJ1ZGl0aW9uaXMgSGFiZXM=

My hobby: collecting US coins
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

oh yeah constant_fie. hey dont worry about building your first system. just ask around. its not as hard as you think. im acturally going to build my dad and my brother and me another one in like a few weeks. but just make sure you post any questions here. like karsh said. lots of helpful people
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

i didn't say i think it's hard i think it'll be fun once i get all the parts together. and thanks for the help and support guys, i'll make another thread in the computer hardware forum so i dont have all my lists scattered.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo