1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

FX5200, XP and Opengl Problem

Hi, well i'm trying to use opengl in games like Half Life, Hitman 2, etc. but i cannot get it to work on xp.
    I've downloaded the latest nvidia drivers, the nvidia update from the windows update site, re installed xp, tried sp1, also disabling the nvidia service using msconfig, etc but nothing worked, i just see bad colours or lines when i try to use opengl in xp with this card.
    Btw, i tried this card on the same computer with win me in another partition and opengl works just fine with the same games, so i assume it's an xp compatibility problem or something like that.
    Here's what i'm using:
    athlon xp 1800
    512 mb ram
    FX5200 128 mb ram
    450 watt power

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
  3. !Ruff Ryder!
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Wow... are you sure? I have an NVidia FX5200 and a MSI FX5200 and to me they seem way better with OpenGL than Direct3d (both computer have WinXP)... Does your Windows XP have the latest version of OpenGL installed?

Oh, and you said you tried on another partition with Windows ME. I heard it wasn't really good to share programs between OS's... Try to install the games ON your Windows XP partition, FROM Windows XP. That might work.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo