Page 1 of 10 123 ... Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

No audio device???

I just installed new Windows XP to my computer yesterday. And then there's no sound from my computer. I clicked the sound and audio devices in the control panel and it's said "No audio devices" All the volume controller is grey out and I can't adjust anythings.

From the device manager, in sound, video, and game controller, it is listed that:
    Audio codec
    Legacy audio drivers
    Legacy Video capture devices
    Media controll devices
    Unimodem Half-duplex Audio device
    Video codecs

All all the devices work properly. I think my audio device driver is missing. But I don't know what is my devices to download driver.

How can I know exactly what is my devices in my computer?? I have the problem to find out them and download the proper drivers.

I also have the problem with VGA driver (and I don't know what's VGA in my computer and I can't download its driver)

Please help my with this issue. Thank you in advance ^^
  3. Providing fuel for space ships
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Hi Prareploy, and welcome to DevShed.

Is this on-board sound on your machine ? Have you updated Windows via the Windows Update site ? If not, try that as MS also supply sound drivers through MS update and this will probably be the easiest way (they will probably be AC97 sound drivers).

If not, then try and find the make/model of your soundcard but if it is on-board sound then post the make/model of your motherboard and I'll try and find the drivers for you.
  5. No Profile Picture

Me again

I'm just hopeless.

My computer is notebook. Can you tell me how I can know that the sound device is on motherboard or not. ^^

However, my motherboard is;
    Clevo D400s

and I can't go the the company's website right now. I don't know why.
  7. Providing fuel for space ships

What make/model of laptop is it ?
  9. No Profile Picture

Thank you ^^

Finally, I can download the driver from manufacturer website. ^^

Thank you for your kindness.
  11. Providing fuel for space ships

No problem. Glad you got it working.
  13. No Profile Picture

No Audio Device

I am having the same problems - i just got my computer back from best buy and they had to wipe it out and reinstall windows xphome - how i have not audio device.....

help!!!

Sabrina
  15. Providing fuel for space ships

Hi Proud49ers and welcome to Dev Shed.

Have you tried to install new drivers ? What make/model of computer is it ?
    The No Ma'am commandments:

1.) It is O.K. to call hooters 'knockers' and sometimes snack trays
    2.) It is wrong to be French
    3.) It is O.K. to put all bad people in a giant meat grinder
    4.) Lawyers, see rule 3
    5.) It is O.K. to drive a gas guzzler if it helps you get babes
    6.) Everyone should car pool but me
    7.) Bring back the word 'stewardesses'
    8.) Synchronized swimming is not a sport
    9.) Mud wrestling is a sport
  17. No Profile Picture

Help!

I have the same problem but i think i've exhausted all outs.

I have an intel D945PSN mobo that worked beautifully until recently the audio devices disseapeared. In the sound panel all options are greyed out and no audio devices detected is displayed. The mobo disks have an install for Intel Audio Studio but it fails to install. In the bios sound is enabled. It's definetly onboard sound. I managed to install intel audio studio but it just says that Intel HD Audio drivers must be loaded. I cant find those to download on the Intel site because the only download is a Sigmatel driver instal which when i try to install it an error pops up saying no device object detected. The speakers used to work great and the connection is still in and plugged into the correct port. Headphones don't work either and under my drivers all i see is:

Audio Codecs
    Legacy Audio Drivers
    Legacy Video Capture Devices
    Media Control Devices
    Video Codecs

Please Help.
  19. No Profile Picture

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?

I have the same problem with my new Intel D945GNT motherboard that has Sigmatel on-board audio. I have installed drivers, updated INFs, updated my BIOS, tried to enable/disable audio in the BIOS, swapped video cards, turned off extra parallel/serial ports, etc. with no luck.

I alwasy get the error "Device Object not present" when trying to install the drivers. I am usually pretty good with drivers and hardware, but this one is kicking my tail.

Any tips? Thanks!

Originally Posted by s3r4ph
    I have the same problem but i think i've exhausted all outs.

I have an intel D945PSN mobo that worked beautifully until recently the audio devices disseapeared. In the sound panel all options are greyed out and no audio devices detected is displayed. The mobo disks have an install for Intel Audio Studio but it fails to install. In the bios sound is enabled. It's definetly onboard sound. I managed to install intel audio studio but it just says that Intel HD Audio drivers must be loaded. I cant find those to download on the Intel site because the only download is a Sigmatel driver instal which when i try to install it an error pops up saying no device object detected. The speakers used to work great and the connection is still in and plugged into the correct port. Headphones don't work either and under my drivers all i see is:

Audio Codecs
    Legacy Audio Drivers
    Legacy Video Capture Devices
    Media Control Devices
    Video Codecs

Please Help.
  21. No Profile Picture

HD Audio Sigmatel

You must install from Microsoft KB888111 first. After installing KB888111 install the driver from Intel. This will do the job.

Good luck
  23. No Profile Picture

Unhappy No Audio device

Hi, Can you help please? I have the same problem. I was deleting some of the rubbish my kids had installed and have manged to delete my drivers. When I go to Sounds and audio devices it says No Audio Device. Belarc scan reveals:

Time Computers MS-6712 1.0
    Main Circuit Board b
    Board: MSI MS-6712 1.0
    Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
    BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. Version 07.00T 04/02/01
    Memory Modules c,d
    512 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot '0' has 256 MB
    Slot '1' has 256 MB
    Slot '2' is Empty
    Local Drive Volumes

c: (on drive 0) 118.39 GB 65.01 GB free
    j: (on drive 1) 1.28 GB 490 MB free

Network Drives

Printers
    hp deskjet 3320 series on USB001
    HP DeskJet 560C on LPT1:

Display
    None detected
    Multimedia
    Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device

Other Devices[/B]
    VIA OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller
    Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
    A4Tech PS/2 Port Mouse
    Generic USB Hub
    USB 2.0 Root Hub
    USB Mass Storage Device
    USB Root Hub
    USB Root Hub
    USB Root Hub

I've tried updating from Microsoft and searching for Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device but no luck.

Are you able to help please?
  25. No Profile Picture

Resolved!!

Hi,
    Thought I'd let you know that I've resolved it.
    Went to http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/dlac97-2.aspx?lineid=5&famid=12&series=8&Software=True and downloaded drivers.
    Everthing SEEMS ok
  27. No Profile Picture

Exactly the same with my new Intel D945GNT :-(
    I upgraded from my old Elitegroup K7S5A board without re-installing XP and thought that this could be the problem because of some old C-Media drivers I can't uninstall but now I see there are other people with the same problem.
    I don't see any Intel HD Audio under "audio devices" in the device manager, under "system" there is a Microsoft UAA High Definition Audio driver. The Intel/Sigmatel Installer quits with "device object not present".
    I have installed the KB888111 that comes with the Intel/Sigmatel driver but this does not help. BTW the files are extracted to /Programs/Intel Desktop Boards/Audio.
    On the Microsoft site I see the KB888111 has been updated or at least it looks like that on the German site: version 1.0a/4.1. So I called Microsoft support and they are going to send me the latest KB888111 patch.
    Oh one more thing: I think that the sound device was detected by winxp as "PCI Device" first but now this does not appear in device manager.
    I can't exclude the possibility that this is a hardware error, can you?
    I tried to install the Realtek Drivers but this did not work.

Originally Posted by adammil2000
    Did you ever find a solution to this problem?

I have the same problem with my new Intel D945GNT motherboard that has Sigmatel on-board audio. I have installed drivers, updated INFs, updated my BIOS, tried to enable/disable audio in the BIOS, swapped video cards, turned off extra parallel/serial ports, etc. with no luck.

I alwasy get the error "Device Object not present" when trying to install the drivers. I am usually pretty good with drivers and hardware, but this one is kicking my tail.

Any tips? Thanks!
  29. No Profile Picture

No solution

Nothing helped. The Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio is there but WinXP does not recognize any audio device. The audio device should be something like "Sigmatel High Definition Audio Codec" on the Intel D945G Board I think.

UPDATE: I did a fresh XP install and sound works without problems. The problem is that on my old XP installation, WinXP just doesn't want to see Sigmatel device/codec. I tried to install the .inf files included in the driver manually but this did not work
    I did also force windows to install the Sigmatel Codec through the Hardware Wizard but it shows an exclamation mark and code 10. The problem is that this device HDAUDIO/VEN_ID&DEV_ID_etc... just is not there. Maybe this has something to do with the Microsoft UAA Bus Driver that does not report the Sigmatel device to WinXP? I don't know...
    Last edited by Angelo78; August 20th, 2006 at 02:50 AM. Reason: Soundchip is ok
Page 1 of 10 123 ... Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo