1. Man with a plan.
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Is this possible with a DVR?

If I hook my VCR to my DVR through the AV Ports, could I dub those to the Hard drive and then burn them to a DVD? The reason I ask is because my family has some home movies on VHS and would like to get them on DVD but of course my parents would rather have me do it then pay someone to professionally do it.

Also, could I do the same thing with a couple of DVDs that we dubbed professional, like make duplicates of them using my DVD player hooked into the DVR?

Oh, and before you say it: No...I am not going to copy copyrighted DVDs only DVDs that have out family home videos on them.
    Otaku no Kamisama God of the Geeks
  3. Trapped on the forums...help
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

for doing it from a VHS, well it depends on what DVR you have, does the DVR burn DVDs or recorded stuff? If not does it let you download the recordings to your computer, if you can download or burn the things from the DVR then yes, you can copy a VHS using that method

for copying a DVDs its much easier to use a desktop computer (and the quality is way better too), just get a burner (its only $30 from newegg if you don't have one) and use your favorite CD burning program, the professionally dubbed DVDs don't have any the the encryption in them that makes the copyrighted ones hard to work with so they are simple to duplicate (just make an iso from it and burn as needed)
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I used Pinnacle Studio to do the same thing for my family. The program is pretty easy to use...quality was not great when converted to VOB files , but viewable.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo