1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

How do I get my sound working

I connect a 2 - sterio jack from the blue and green sockets on my motherboard to my jack in at my display, put in a cd to play and select WMP but it says no sound is configured. I check the sound part of the cotrol panel and all is blanked out on the volume and audio tabs. XPPro installed.

Any one advise what to do next PS the cable does not seem to be the right one for the motherboard sockets as the sleeve does not seem to mate very well but it plugs in rather loosely!
  3. No Profile Picture

Maybe something is wrong with your sound controller drivers or software related with it. This can be related as well with Line In/Line Out settings. Can't help much
  5. Warning: I can't read

right click my computer, then manage, then go to device manager and check for your audio device there, if there is a yellow flag on it, you'll need to get drivers for it.
  7. No Profile Picture

I guess there is something wrong with the sound controller.
  9. No Profile Picture

Question well i got the same problem

hello since this is the only site where ppl have gotten this issue solved ive came here

im using a gateway mx6207 notebook after i had to reinstall windows xp after i got a new hard drive i have no sound i have tried all of the gateway drivers sat and let the tech support try to wich they failed and then used a cop out move to ditch me i tried to find the mother board manufacturer however the programs that are supposed to tell you who makes it only shows unknown ive downloaded ac 97 audio from reltek wich kindly lets me know that the device cannot start code 10 im at wits end and would greatly appreachiate some help on a side note when i try to use conexent audio that gate way swears goes to this comp i get a instalation failure notice after it trys to install
  11. They're coming to take me away

Welcome to Dev Shed.

Can you post the make/model of the computer.

In Device Manager is there a yellow exclamatin mark or red x next to the audio card?
  13. No Profile Picture

here you go

its a gateway notebook mx6027 thats a bout all i know on that point now as far as the yellow indicators yes theres one next windows audio untill i let it install reltek 97 audio device at wich time it tells me that there was a problem with the installation and the device may not work properly a yellow ! shows up next to the reltek audio in the menu and all the sound options are greyed out
  15. They're coming to take me away

Originally Posted by oasisjack
    its a gateway notebook mx6027 thats a bout all i know on that point now as far as the yellow indicators yes theres one next windows audio untill i let it install reltek 97 audio device at wich time it tells me that there was a problem with the installation and the device may not work properly a yellow ! shows up next to the reltek audio in the menu and all the sound options are greyed out
    Have you tried this one as well?
    Conexant Audio Driver for Gateway Notebook mx6027. This is what's listed as the driver for your notebook.
  17. No Profile Picture

yep always failes to install

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo