1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Microphone works with msn but not with skype or windows sound recorder

Well i have a no name microphone which i bought for $10. It did not come with a cd but windows vista did install the driver and it does work with msn. But when i open programs such as sound recorder, and skype, the microphone does not work and i have tried to install it in those programs but i dont know whats wrong. When i try to install the microphone on skype, i get 3 options: Windows default device, Microphone(2-USB 2.0 WebCam), and Microphone (Realtek High Definition Audio). Im pretty sure those are my webcam and speakers and i dont see why the real microphone isnt there. My microphone works perfectly on msn and i installed it and everything under the name Microphone (realtek High Definition Audio).
  3. They're coming to take me away

Originally Posted by miehow
    Well i have a no name microphone which i bought for $10. It did not come with a cd but windows vista did install the driver and it does work with msn. But when i open programs such as sound recorder, and skype, the microphone does not work and i have tried to install it in those programs but i dont know whats wrong. When i try to install the microphone on skype, i get 3 options: Windows default device, Microphone(2-USB 2.0 WebCam), and Microphone (Realtek High Definition Audio). Im pretty sure those are my webcam and speakers and i dont see why the real microphone isnt there. My microphone works perfectly on msn and i installed it and everything under the name Microphone (realtek High Definition Audio).
    Not sure if I'm missing something, but you said under skype there are 3 options.. the 3rd option is Microphone (Realtek High Definition Audio), which is also what you setup MSN for... does this option not do anything? You mentioned youre pretty sure those are your speakers?...

I'm confused somewhere.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo