#1
  1. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    No sound devices found


    Drivers are installed and reports working properly in device manager. However theres no audio/media sounds atal. Im using a factory Dell Dimension 8400 desktop. Ive tried reinstalling chipset and audio drivers. When reinstalling ADI 198x Intergrated Audio driver every thing goes well, but when installing Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Patch/Upgrade it says "setup did not detect the required components setup will exit" . The sound card is a Creative Labs SB0410, its the card that came already installed in the computer. We never had a problem with sound untill we had to reinstall missing system files do to what i think was a virus.

    Appreciate any help, ive been trying to fix this problem for more than a while now.
  2. #2
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,102
    Rep Power
    1767
    you might try removing the device from the Device Manager and restart the system...when Windows finds the new hardware try installing the original drivers...
  4. #3
  5. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    no sound devices


    Originally Posted by tj_nt
    you might try removing the device from the Device Manager and restart the system...when Windows finds the new hardware try installing the original drivers...
    Thanks but i tried that, nothing seems to work. at first the computer was listing my modem in the midi, record and sound playback boxes under sounds and audio devices. i fixed that problem now its just saying that there is no audio devices but it clearly is and my computer says there working properly.

    please if you have any other suggestions let me know. ty
  6. #4
  7. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0
    however that may work if i could get my device manager to automaticaly search the internet. i only can get it to search my computer for the audio drives. i also tried an auto update for my windows xp home ed. but no luck.
  8. #5
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,102
    Rep Power
    1767
    is the sound card integrated on the main board? or is it an add-on card?

    If it's the latter you might try both virtually and physically removing the card and reboot the system...then shut down and re-install the card using the latest drivers available from the manufacturer...

    if it is integrated the original drivers should be on the disk that came with the mobo
  10. #6
  11. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    no sound


    Originally Posted by tj_nt
    is the sound card integrated on the main board? or is it an add-on card?

    If it's the latter you might try both virtually and physically removing the card and reboot the system...then shut down and re-install the card using the latest drivers available from the manufacturer...

    if it is integrated the original drivers should be on the disk that came with the mobo


    its not intergrated, and i've tried that too but still no sound its like something is stopping the driver.
  12. #7
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,102
    Rep Power
    1767
    its not intergrated, and i've tried that too but still no sound its like something is stopping the driver.
    by chance is there integrated sound on the mobo? if so you might check to see that it is disabled in the BIOS...

    you might also try changing the PCI slot the card is installed in...
  14. #8
  15. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    no sound


    Originally Posted by tj_nt
    by chance is there integrated sound on the mobo? if so you might check to see that it is disabled in the BIOS...

    you might also try changing the PCI slot the card is installed in...
    those are good ideas but unfortunetly i have already tried them to no avail

    any more ideas. i appreciate them
  16. #9
  17. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    no sound


    ok i found the problem "Driver is enabled but has not been started" but i have no solution. can you help me.
  18. #10
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,102
    Rep Power
    1767
    have you looked at any of these hits?

    Google is your friend

    since nobody here seems to have a solution to offer...

    good luck
  20. #11
  21. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    no sound


    Originally Posted by tj_nt
    have you looked at any of these hits?

    Google is your friend

    since nobody here seems to have a solution to offer...

    good luck

    i think i just have to get another windows xp disk

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo