Thread: AMD's Eyefinity

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

AMD's Eyefinity

Eyefinity is AMD's brand name for their new multi-monitor technology. At the low-end, they're looking to power at least 3 monitors from a single graphics card, and at least six for the high-end.

It seems like a gamer's paradise at first, but when you think about it, businessmen and women and others with general work on the computer might get more out of this technology.

Now, AMD also created Catalyst Control Center, which gives you an extremely flexible layout of your monitors.

You can have three monitors landscape style and have another three going vertical, have three monitors next to each other horizontally and have one more on top of the middle monitor, the configurations are pretty much endless.

And as dual-monitor configurations become more common, I think that AMD's Eyefinity may have a big impact on consumers.

However, here's my problem with it.

The low-end, which they're looking to power at least three monitors, sounds good to me; three monitors, many windows open at the same time wherever I want, multitasking sounds great.

But the high-end? You can have six monitors, and open applications at the same time.

I don't know about you, but that seems like too much multitasking to me. And too much power for one person to use efficiently.

What do you think?
  3. Type Cast Exception
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Originally Posted by ImIcarus
    What do you think?
    Personally, what I think? I think I'm getting annoyed by your cookie cutter posts this is not a blog, if you are not an interactive user please cease.
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  5. No Profile Picture

Ok, I will, since no one responds to "what do you think?" and I don't exactly market in any way. Bye bye!
  7. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Its really information about AMD's Eyefinity. Now a days technology is growing more and more. So people can different things in new style with latest technology.

Comments on this post

• jzd disagrees : Sorry, but all your posts seem to be wasteful.
    • Brokenhope disagrees : Yeah... your comment was really unnecessary. It's like wtf... way to state the obvious.
  9. Contributing User

Let's re-orient this thread, shall we?

I was actually going to post something on ATI's Eyefinity, as I think it is really interesting!

In watching videos for it, the problems in gaming are immediately evident:

You have a bunch of monitor edges RIGHT in the middle of your screen

I can see, however, that it would be a game designer's dream. Or a graphic designer - even programmers!

It gives me hope that AMD's purchase may have been good for ATI xD (Although the damn yanks bought another Canadian company )

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo