1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Black line apeared in middle of laptop screen

i have a lenovo n500 laptop. 3 days back a black horizontal line appeared in the middle of the screen . i tried alot of things to fix it but failed . i downloaded latest drivers but they didnt worked either. guys tell me some thing to fix it as its very annoying.
    Last edited by hiker; August 23rd, 2010 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Removed annoying size
  3. They're coming to take me away

Originally Posted by salmanshah
    i have a lenovo n500 laptop. 3 days back a black horizontal line appeared in the middle of the screen . i tried alot of things to fix it but failed . i downloaded latest drivers but they didnt worked either. guys tell me some thing to fix it as its very annoying.
    No need to increase the font size for your entire post as that's rather annoying.

Also, you mentioned that you've tried a lot of things, but only listed trying the latest drivers. If we don't know what all you've tried, we don't want to offer suggestions that you may have already done... so you should list all that you've tried to cut down on back and forth posting.

My suggestion though, is to call Lenovo for support. If you've only had it 3 days, their warranty should cover it.
    "I don't need to get a life. I'm a gamer. I have lots of lives!"
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I think your laptop screen has problem with its picture tube that why it's shows the black horizontal line. New installation of drivers also couldn't work to fix the problem. Better you should contact repair center.
  7. Type Cast Exception
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

The laptop does not have a picture tube but this is a very common problem with LCD screens, and it's a problem with the panel itself, whether a manufacturing defect or just the effect of usage is arguable. If it's under warranty I'd get it looked at. To be sure it's really the screen hookup the video output to an external monitor if you can.
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo