1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

List of searchable and downloadable files

Hey,

I have over 1000 files that I need users to be able to search for/through. My current file structure is like,

<MAIN>
    <Docs>
    <Music>

The issue I am having is it has to be password protected and I am not sure of the best way to create a 'list' of this many files. I do not want to do <a href=""></> for ever file as that would take hours and is not password protected. Currently I am using a WordPress site for the main site and I have a plugin that allows me to protect pages/posts. But that does not help me as I am stuck with having to manually add in every file.

I believe that I am in need of a database and then reference that DB inside the post/page. If it is not possible for me to put the DB inside the post/page I can manually create the html/php file and put it someplace and worry about the security later.

BACKSTORY

I am doing this to help out a local church. The reason that they have this many files is for the Worship Team. It has to be password protected due to copyright laws. I also have to make it as user friendly as possible because the majority of the people on the team know very little about computers which is why I can not just give them FTP access and have them login and search using Filezilla or something.

If you can offer any help or direction it would be great!

Thanks,

Grady
  3. A Change of Season
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Originally Posted by aDroidman
    Hey,

I have over 1000 files that I need users to be able to search for/through. My current file structure is like,

<MAIN>
    <Docs>
    <Music>

The issue I am having is it has to be password protected and I am not sure of the best way to create a 'list' of this many files. I do not want to do <a href=""></> for ever file as that would take hours and is not password protected. Currently I am using a WordPress site for the main site and I have a plugin that allows me to protect pages/posts. But that does not help me as I am stuck with having to manually add in every file.

I believe that I am in need of a database and then reference that DB inside the post/page. If it is not possible for me to put the DB inside the post/page I can manually create the html/php file and put it someplace and worry about the security later.

BACKSTORY

I am doing this to help out a local church. The reason that they have this many files is for the Worship Team. It has to be password protected due to copyright laws. I also have to make it as user friendly as possible because the majority of the people on the team know very little about computers which is why I can not just give them FTP access and have them login and search using Filezilla or something.

If you can offer any help or direction it would be great!

Thanks,

Grady
    Post this in php forum you will get some good response.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo