1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I have a small Access database that I am attempting to export to MySQL. My service provider has MySQL and PHP on the server already. I am familar with table creation etc... However, I can't seem to get the import to work properly. I keep getting parse errors. I've exported the Access databse to a text file. Then I attempt the import into MySQL and I get a error message like this:

MySQL said: parse error near 'n' ' at line 1

I'm using an automated Control panel to do the import. I've tried doing it in the shell too. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

3. No Profile Picture

My first guess is that you have pc newlines instead of unix linefeeds. Try opening the file in a text editor that will allow you the option of "Save as Unix text file" vs. "Save as PC text file." (UltraEdit is one.)
  5. No Profile Picture

There are a number of utilities on php.net that will produce a text file from Access, containing complete SQL commands to feed into the mySQL monitor. You may also be able to find an ODBC add-in the exports Access directly to mySQL.

Personally I was only using Access to read in a CSV, which I then discovered mySQL could do directly very easily.
  7. No Profile Picture

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gszczyrb:
    I have a small Access database that I am attempting to export to MySQL. My service provider has MySQL and PHP on the server already. I am familar with table creation etc... However, I can't seem to get the import to work properly. I keep getting parse errors. I've exported the Access databse to a text file. Then I attempt the import into MySQL and I get a error message like this:

MySQL said: parse error near 'n' ' at line 1

I'm using an automated Control panel to do the import. I've tried doing it in the shell too. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    [/quote]

password: *******

mysql>

Use this set of code, and you will be find.

load data infile "/usr2/mysql/lube/import_data/vehicle1.txt" into table vehicle fields terminated by ',' enclosed by '"' lines terminated by 'n'

The file "vehicle1.txt" is a "comma-delimited file", where ALL FILES are surrounded by quotes and separated by commas.