1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I lease web space from a company that does not support Mysql, but allows me to install it in my web space. When I execute a perl script which calls Mysql, it calls the default Mysql server, not mine. How do I work around this? I'm using DBI to make the call - do I need to install that module pointing to my Mysql server?

Also, after my install the other night, I was able to login to the mysql prompt and create my tables, but today I can't, I get theis error:

ERROR 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock'
    (111)

Thanks in advance for any advice!!
  3. No Profile Picture

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Zeit:
    I lease web space from a company that does not support Mysql, but allows me to install it in my web space. When I execute a perl script which calls Mysql, it calls the default Mysql server, not mine. How do I work around this? I'm using DBI to make the call - do I need to install that module pointing to my Mysql server?

Also, after my install the other night, I was able to login to the mysql prompt and create my tables, but today I can't, I get theis error:

ERROR 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock'
    (111)

Thanks in advance for any advice!!
    [/quote]

well you schould call mysql using an option like --socket=/dir/where/your/socket/is
  5. No Profile Picture

try to change the port your MySQL server runs on....

eg not 3306 but another port
  7. No Profile Picture

hi everybody...

i also tried running multiple servers...all was ok but when i tried to run the server it saying mysqld already running how to solve this..........

socket,tcp port and data dir all are specified and distinct from another mysql session...

pls help