1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

MySql & phpMyAdmin on home WinXP

I installed PHP, MySql, phpMyAdmin and Apache on my home PC running WinXP. Apache and PHP seem to be running fine. My problem, i believe, is in one of the other 2.

phpMyAdmin doesn't seem to be updating, or reflecting correctly, the changes I make in mySql. If I add, edit or delete a user, or reset permissions, they aren't taking effect. If I add a database, then add a table and info into it, phpMyAdmin isn't showing it, or it will show the database and say there are no tables. This is after adding from phpMyAdmin itself, not through php scripts.

If I insert info through a php query script, it isn't getting the proper values entered (only 4 fields in the db table I experimented with). If I add the info in phpMyAdmin, my result query will show the fields entries properly, even though phpMyAdmin says there are no tables.

The programs were added with an installer (all in one package), but I'm not getting much help through their support forums.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I found a notice in the MySql 4 doc's...

Does phpMyAdmin support MySQL 4?
    MySQL 4 is not yet fully supported by phpMyAdmin.
    Because of MySQL 4's backwards compatibility you can use phpMyAdmin for administering MySQL 4 servers, but phpMyAdmin does not yet support its new features. Please notice that in this case it is recommended to use php >= 4.1 since older versions of php are not compatible to MySQL 4.
    Furthermore, several users reported problems with phpMyAdmin related to bugs in MySQL 4. MySQL 4 is still an alpha release and should be used for test purposes only!

Potentially something that causing the conflict? And if so, whats the best way to downgrade to a lower version of MySql?
  5. Moron

Originally posted by mdhall
    MySQL 4 is still an alpha release and should be used for test purposes only!
    They need to update their docs, because according to mysql's website, mySQL v 4.0.15 is stable now and 4.1.0 is alpha.

Seems to work for me...

Apache 2
    MySQL 4.0.15
    php 4.3
    winxpPro
    Last edited by punkisdead; October 28th, 2003 at 04:59 PM.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo