1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hi, dear friends, i was going to transform the M.S.Access database into MySQL format and now I have got the text file which is full of 'INSERT()' SQL statement already. Now the question is how to execute the statements file in MySQL?

I tried some windows-shared version of MySQL, there is a command named "source", which can execute a statements file easily. But with the version provided by my ISP, i can not find out that command? I think there should be some ways to do it. but how?

Then I tried to create the DB structure in MySQL firstly and exported the M.S.Access database into "tab eliminates" or "commar eliminates" files or something like that, then I tried to use "load" command in MySQL,
    like: load data infile '****' into table ***, but the error mesag is "ACCESS DENIED FOR USER: ****@LOCALHOST (USING PASSWORD: YES)"

so what does it mean? what is the comman way after you guys get the query statemenets file from some converting program?

Sorry to bother you, thanks a lot.
  3. No Profile Picture

One way of moving data from Access to MySQL is by creating an ODBC connection between the two databases. If you have already created the tables in MySQL it is then very easy to write Access append queries to populate them. There are many good articles on the web about how to do this.

You will need to start by downloading MyODBC from the php site.
  5. Banned (not really)
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

If your file is all INSERT statements, then it's real easy to get it into mysql. First make sure the database and table are created in mysql to hold the data. then just use:
    mysql -uuser -p database < yourfilename

sometimes the files have the create definetion for the table in them, also. if it does, then all you have to do is create the database. hope that helps.

---John Holmes...
  7. No Profile Picture

Thanks so much, it is working very well!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SepodatiCreations:
    If your file is all INSERT statements, then it's real easy to get it into mysql. First make sure the database and table are created in mysql to hold the data. then just use:
    mysql -uuser -p database < yourfilename

sometimes the files have the create definetion for the table in them, also. if it does, then all you have to do is create the database. hope that helps.

---John Holmes...
    [/quote]