1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Everything that I find in reference to mySQL is with PHP/Perl. I have an existing ASP site and I want to use mySQL. Can I do it, and what provider do I use in the connection string?

------------------
    -=Antichron=-
  3. No Profile Picture

The only way I suppose is allowed the coneccion to MySQL from ASP is using ODBC. Your Housing provider must create for u an ODBC connection, with the username and password assigned to your MySQL process server, and you must use that ODBC connection string to connect to your MySQL database

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by antichron:
    Everything that I find in reference to mySQL is with PHP/Perl. I have an existing ASP site and I want to use mySQL. Can I do it, and what provider do I use in the connection string?
    [/quote]

5. No Profile Picture

The only way I suppose is allowed the coneccion to MySQL from ASP is using ODBC. Your Housing provider must create for u an ODBC connection, with the username and password assigned to your MySQL process server, and you must use that ODBC connection string to connect to your MySQL database

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by antichron:
    [/quote]

[This message has been edited by pharaon (edited November 20, 2000).]
  7. No Profile Picture

[/quote]

9. No Profile Picture

[/quote]

11. No Profile Picture

I found the answer I was looking for on the Chili!Soft website. All that you have to do is make an entry into the OBDC.INI file that is installed with ASP. In the file, you make the entry:

[mysql]
    Driver=/opt/casp/odbc/lib/libmyodbc_mysql_26.so

Or, you could set up a DSN for the db in that file too.

------------------
    -=Antichron=-