October 25th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Can anyone normalize this? I'm confused with all the assumptions...
FIRE_REPORT(FireID, Alarms, Adddress, FiremanID, FiremanName, FiremanPhone, FiremanHomeStation, StationAddress, StationPhone, TruckID, LicensePlate)
1. each fire can have several firefighters assigned to it
2. each fire can have several fire trucks assigned to it
3. each firefighter can be assigned to several fires
4. each fire truck can be assigned to several fires
5. each firefighter has a single home station
6. each station name is unique
7. each station has a single phone number
October 25th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Are you familiar with terms like "one-to-many" or "many-to-many"?
A fire can have many firefighters, and a firefighter can be assigned to many fires.
A fire can have many fire trucks, and a fire truck can be sent to many fires.
A firefighter can reside in one home station, and a home station can have many firefighters.
(meanwhile the station name and phone number are just attributes of a station)
October 28th, 2013, 02:47 PM
So you want people to do your homework for you?
I mean first time you've posted here and you post a homework question with no input at all for what you've tried and telling us where you actually are having problems.