1. No Profile Picture
    Craig.p
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)
    I get about 200 messages per day that are reports from different machines. What I am tring to do is import these to a MySQL db, for archiving purposes and also so that I can create a web page that I can view the latest messages only( and not have to look at all these damn messages in my regular email box)
    I have tried (with NO success) to use Procmail to send these to text files that could then be imported. Does anyone have an idea on another approach to this?
    ANY help would be greatly appreciated!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Kyuzo
    I had a similar problem with trying to get emailed reports dumped directly into a database. The solution (on UNIX) was to create an email address (reports@yourdomain.com) which was piped directly to a PERL script using the DBI module to then strip out all unnecessary info and pass it right along into the database. There's a lot of formatting issues to deal with but it worked out fine. If you're interested, I can give you more details.

HNY

Kyuzo
  5. No Profile Picture

Similar problem. I needed a log of all outgoing mail that I could later search. I also wanted a way allow multiple users to access the same mailboxes at the same time.

Solution: Apache, imp (web-based IMAP mail) and mysql. modified the imp files (compose.php3) to insert the outgoing messages into the database. More modification and added a few files to allow searching.

Not quite what you're trying to do but perhaps gives you some ideas.