1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hey there :P

My dillema is simple, finding the solution has not. I'm wanting to run mySQL-3.22.32 on an OpenBSD 2.7 system, mainly because of it's security.

So after extracting the tarball, I try running <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica">code:</font><HR><pre>CFLAGS=-pthread CXXFLAGS=-pthread ./configure --with-mit-threads=no[/code] to get it all ready, (those flags recommended for openbsd 2.5 from the mysql documentation) and then run make. When it gets to sql_yacc.cc I get the following compile error:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica">code:</font><HR><pre>/my/gnu/lib/bison/bison.simple: In function `int yyparse()':
    /my/gnu/lib/bison/bison.simple:692: virtual memory exhausted
    *** Error code 1[/code]

The system is a P3-550MHz with 256mbRAM, so I'm a little bit miffed about this. Dosen't look like a hardware problem. I've tried running ./configure --with-low-memory because the documentation notes that problems with gcc exist when compiling that same file. I've also tried switching my shell back to sh as there have been distant reports of bash not reading the system ulimits set correctly on BSDi. Still no luck. Yes, this is all being done as root, so it's not as the result of a lack of privileges.

I don't know, I think I've tried almosteverything. I'd be more than willing to try the other half of everything if anyone can suggest anything. Many thanks in advance for all your help

- Marc

------------------
    One youth stood up and confronted the intruder:
    "I know what you need, sir, you need Jesus in your life."
    The gunman then shot the boy repeatedly.
  3. No Profile Picture
    freebsd
    Have you tried building it from the port at -> /usr/ports/databases/mysql/ ?

The proper patches and diffs should be applied for you automatically (the hard works).
    You may just cvsup your ports to update to the latest.
  5. No Profile Picture

All is swell. I haven't put enough faith into ports. It took a bit of fighting with but it's 2:19AM, everything works and I'm ready for sleep. Thanks freebsd ;-)

//marc