1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

hi,
    I have been using mysqlecently with php for my company's works.I encountered this strange problem today of not able logon to mysql. I wonder what could be wrong. Initially it had several users and pwd.But now I am able to login as root without pwd but it is of no use as it does not even allow me to view the contents of any of the table. I went to user profiles but could not do any thing with it. None of my appl are running as from php i am not able to connect to mysql . Any one who knows the result mail to me immediately.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nattugan:
    hi,
    I have been using mysqlecently with php for my company's works.I encountered this strange problem today of not able logon to mysql. I wonder what could be wrong. Initially it had several users and pwd.But now I am able to login as root without pwd but it is of no use as it does not even allow me to view the contents of any of the table. I went to user profiles but could not do any thing with it. None of my appl are running as from php i am not able to connect to mysql . Any one who knows the result mail to me immediately.
    [/quote]

Hi,

Try checking Linux permissions on files and data directory.

Best regards

gbubani