1. No Profile Picture
    JGLyons
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)
    I'm going crazy!!

I'm trying to set up a user on our MySQL server who can access a single database and edit it etc. I've got the database ser up on localhost and a user.

I've got all of the user rights set to N and I've just set up Y in the first 6 collumns of the database table for the database.

The problem is that when I use MySQL admin the display is showing databsases that are admin access only. I'm sure that all of the user rights are restricted to N so why can the lowest of the low user with almost no access rights see all of the databases on localhost. Should I be setting up another host name?

Any guesses, or even knowledgable answers.

Ta

John
  3. No Profile Picture
    rod k
    Being able to see the names of databases on the server is not the same as being able to access them. I agree that it could be better.
  5. No Profile Picture
    JGLyons
    Is that correct then that any user on our server with access rights to only one database can still see the names of the other datbases even though they can't access any of them and can't see any tables.
  7. No Profile Picture
    rod k
    Yes, that's correct. There may be a way around that, but I haven't heard of one.