#1
  1. No Profile Picture
    Junior Member
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Hi,
    I just installed MYSQL 3.22.27 binary distribution on FREEBSD3.4 and when i give the command "bin/safe_mysqld &" it's saying that "mysqld daemon ended". And when i wanted to check whether the server is working by giving the command "bin/mysqladmin version" it's giving the error message "/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libmysqlclient.so.6" not found". I checked my directories for the file "libmysqlclient.so.6" and it's located in usr/mysql/lib. I guess this some problem with linking. Can somebody help me!!

    Regards,

    Neel
  2. #2
  3. No Profile Picture
    Junior Member
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0
    Have you inserted the line "/usr/mysql/lib" into your ld.so.conf and executed ldconfig?

  4. #3
  5. No Profile Picture
    Junior Member
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Hello JayTaph,

    Thanks for the reply. I believe "ld.so.conf" is available in the directory "etc" on linux systems. But i didn't find that file on my system(freeBSD 3.4). I have been trying very hard to locate that file.

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JayTaph:
    Have you inserted the line "/usr/mysql/lib" into your ld.so.conf and executed ldconfig?

    [/quote]

  6. #4
  7. No Profile Picture
    Junior Member
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0
    Haven't got any experience with bsd-systems.. but looking on the intell-storage-system (don't laugh, i didn't buy it ), it's located in /etc/rc.conf which has got a line named LDCONFIG_PATHS.. maybe add it on this line and run ldconfig.. That will probably solve your problem
  8. #5
  9. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    0
    I am having EXACTLY the same problem, only on FreeBSD 3.2 with a binary.

    Please post whether this worked or if you had to do some other tweaking?
  10. #6
  11. No Profile Picture
    Junior Member
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Hi,

    The thing got fixed when i give the command
    setenv LIBRARY_PATH = path/where/file/exists..
    But this i had to do whenever i open new session, so later i copied that file into include directory into which it searches by default. With this the problem was fixed forever. If you still have the problem, i'll give you more detailed reply.

    Neel

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mandy:
    I am having EXACTLY the same problem, only on FreeBSD 3.2 with a binary.

    Please post whether this worked or if you had to do some other tweaking?
    [/quote]

  12. #7
  13. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    0
    Well, no luck yet. I gather I'm using a different shell than you: mine is bash, so I tried setting the environment variable LIBRARY_PATH using:
    LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/file
    then export LIBRARY_PATH
    When I type "set" I see the change is in effect, but when I go back to try and start mysql I get the same error:

    Starting mysqld daemon with databases from/usr/local/mysql/data
    mysqld daemon ended

    and then when I check the server with:
    bin/mysqladmin version

    I get:
    /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libmysqlclient.so.6" not found

    so, any ideas?

  14. #8
  15. No Profile Picture
    Junior Member
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Did you use "SET" to set the path??
    Use SETENV instead, this will work


    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mandy:
    Well, no luck yet. I gather I'm using a different shell than you: mine is bash, so I tried setting the environment variable LIBRARY_PATH using:
    LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/file
    then export LIBRARY_PATH
    When I type "set" I see the change is in effect, but when I go back to try and start mysql I get the same error:

    Starting mysqld daemon with databases from/usr/local/mysql/data
    mysqld daemon ended

    and then when I check the server with:
    bin/mysqladmin version

    I get:
    /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libmysqlclient.so.6" not found

    so, any ideas?

    [/quote]

  16. #9
  17. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    0
    setenv gives me "command not found"
    that's why I said I think my shell is different from yours. I use bash. You must be using csh.
    set is the command to see the variable settings for your shell environment under bash.

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Neelesh:
    Did you use "SET" to set the path??
    Use SETENV instead, this will work


    [/quote]

  18. #10
  19. No Profile Picture
    Junior Member
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Did you try copying the file libmysqlclient.so.6 into the default include library of your system?

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mandy:
    setenv gives me "command not found"
    that's why I said I think my shell is different from yours. I use bash. You must be using csh.
    set is the command to see the variable settings for your shell environment under bash.

    [/quote]

Similar Threads

  1. FreeBSD help for a newb
    By matteorr in forum BSD Help
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: April 20th, 2004, 11:16 AM
  2. session object variable problem... urgent plz
    By hatembr in forum ASP Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: February 11th, 2004, 03:14 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 25th, 2004, 11:51 AM
  4. LoadVars object with a swf that is not on level0
    By calibanter in forum Flash Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: January 22nd, 2004, 11:43 AM
  5. my comp sux lately , need help from pro's
    By Hykinsel007 in forum Windows Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: January 5th, 2004, 02:52 PM

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo