1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

hi,

i came across your webpage that touches on the subject of connecting a mysql database to microsoft access. Fortunately, i was able to connect the two and almost everything is working perfectly. However, I have discovered one problem that i cannot seem to figure out.

I enter all information into the database using MS Access. I created a form that allows users to enter data that will be automatically updated in the MYSQL database. This works great. However, the problem occurs after entering all the information for one entry, and then moving onto the next entry. If, for example, I am entering data, - let's say i'm on my 3rd entry and i want to make a correction on the 1st entry I made, the entry does not exist. i cannot find it.

The entry i am trying to find has been updated to the MYSQL database but does not exist on the access database. Only when i close the access database and reopen can i find the entry that i was looking for.

Is there something I am doing wrong? Do i have to change settings on Access? Please let me know if you can help. please email any help to lees@mlstern.com. Thank you

Steve
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I presume that your form has a recordsource of the linked table and you are accessing MySql with MyODBC.

Are the form data properties set to :

Allow Edits = Yes
    Allow Deletions = Yes
    Allow Aditions = Yes
    Date Entry = No

When you first open the form does it display the whole recordset? It should if the above properties are set.

How do you add another record "->*" button?

If you have a field that looksup a field that has been updated since the form was displayed the lookup may need requerying.

Could you supply more details of the problem?

Andy