1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Error 1062 Duplicate PK for every record

Hey all,
    I am using MySQL Browser to run a creation script. Bellow is an excerpt. When I run the script I get an error for every entry stating that there was a Duplicate entry 1 for Key 1 followed by Duplicate entry 2 for Key 1 and so on. It does this for every record. I have stopped the script and looked at what is in the table at that point and nothing other than what was recently created is in there. I have manually dropped the tables too but that doesn't seem to help. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Code:
    DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `tblAnswers`;

CREATE TABLE `tblAnswers` (
      `answID` INTEGER NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, 
      `Cat` VARCHAR(255), 
      `answText` VARCHAR(255), 
      `answValue` INTEGER, 
      PRIMARY KEY (`answID`)
    ) ENGINE=myisam DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

SET autocommit=1;

#
    # Dumping data for table 'tblAnswers'
    #

INSERT INTO `tblAnswers` (`answID`, `Cat`, `answText`, `answValue`) VALUES (1, 'Connectivity', 'Existing DSL provisioned hardline', NULL);
    INSERT INTO `tblAnswers` (`answID`, `Cat`, `answText`, `answValue`) VALUES (2, 'Connectivity', 'Strong 3G connectivity', NULL);
    INSERT INTO `tblAnswers` (`answID`, `Cat`, `answText`, `answValue`) VALUES (3, 'Connectivity', 'Close to hardline distribution', NULL);
    INSERT INTO `tblAnswers` (`answID`, `Cat`, `answText`, `answValue`) VALUES (4, 'Connectivity', 'Hardline possible, but not economical', NULL);
    INSERT INTO `tblAnswers` (`answID`, `Cat`, `answText`, `answValue`) VALUES (5, 'Connectivity', 'Weak 3g connectivity', NULL);
  3. SQL Consultant
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

is that the actual script there? that's all?

because that script works just fine
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by r937
    is that the actual script there? that's all?

because that script works just fine
    Yes that is from the actual script and I am getting an error for each line it enters. It does indeed make the entry, but it gives an error. Strange.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Is it a conflict between specifying the answID values and the column being defined as AUTO_INCREMENT?
    What does the following do when run against an empty table?:
    Code:
    INSERT INTO `tblAnswers` (`Cat`, `answText`, `answValue`) VALUES ('Connectivity', 'Existing DSL provisioned hardline', NULL);
    INSERT INTO `tblAnswers` (`Cat`, `answText`, `answValue`) VALUES ('Connectivity', 'Strong 3G connectivity', NULL);
    INSERT INTO `tblAnswers` (`Cat`, `answText`, `answValue`) VALUES ('Connectivity', 'Close to hardline distribution', NULL);
    INSERT INTO `tblAnswers` (`Cat`, `answText`, `answValue`) VALUES ('Connectivity', 'Hardline possible, but not economical', NULL);
    INSERT INTO `tblAnswers` (`Cat`, `answText`, `answValue`) VALUES ('Connectivity', 'Weak 3g connectivity', NULL);
    The moon on the one hand, the dawn on the other:
    The moon is my sister, the dawn is my brother.
    The moon on my left and the dawn on my right.
    My brother, good morning: my sister, good night.
    -- Hilaire Belloc

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo